Fuzzyste

18 hours of Ok Computer stuff leaked?

Posted (edited)

wtf!

managed to download the previews, wow this is legit. 

Edited by Fuzzyste

the previews were definitely interesting, especially that true love waits snippet. i am immensely curious as to how they managed to get ahold of this stuff 

I knew that Petts-Davies boy couldn't be trusted.

Yeah, this is legit. Basically more of the OKNOTOK White Cassette.

I find it really inspiring to hear early versions of these songs we know so well, because they often sound so normal. That little snip of Exit Music, just Thom and guitar - the melody's there, the chord progression's there, but the lack of arrangement and the generic strumming makes it sound like such a "normal song". It's such a great lesson in how production and arrangement can transform a piece of music.

I'm not convinced that what the leaker says is an extended bit of Paranoid Android isn't Let Down.

Fun to get a little peek into what True Love Waits might have been.

53 minutes ago, pleasekeepmoving said:

How cool does that 808s song sound?

Sounds pretty rubbish to me. Fun to hear though.

I'm more put off by the hoardes of self-righteous Radiohead fans who seem to think them publicly decrying this will earn them a kiss on the forehead from the band or something.

Is this ethical? No, but you can't blame people for wanting 18 hours of unreleased material from what is ostensibly the most popular Radiohead album. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah. I honestly don’t even care very much. I’m sure it’s underwhelming(like the OK NOT OK tape). But if it’s out there I’ll definitely listen to it. 

Speaking of which: link plz!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaghettimatt said:

Yeah. I honestly don’t even care very much. I’m sure it’s underwhelming(like the OK NOT OK tape). But if it’s out there I’ll definitely listen to it. 

Speaking of which: link plz!

Eh True Love Waits sounds fucking dope. I really like the bass line in this snippet.

1 minute ago, Scatterbrain said:

Eh True Love Waits sounds fucking dope. I really like the bass line in this snippet.

I mean that’s legit but ummmm can you share it with us who were late to the party my man?

7 minutes ago, chernobyl2 said:

I'm more put off by the hoardes of self-righteous Radiohead fans who seem to think them publicly decrying this will earn them a kiss on the forehead from the band or something.

Is this ethical? No, but you can't blame people for wanting 18 hours of unreleased material from what is ostensibly the most popular Radiohead album. 

I know, right? Fucking ridiculous. Everyone's so concerned nowaday's with jerking off the artist and "respecting their wishes". Don't paint me a monster just because I want to hear cool stuff from one of my favorite bands.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Spaghettimatt said:

I mean that’s legit but ummmm can you share it with us who were late to the party my man?

DUH-LETE

Edited by Scatterbrain