Sign in to follow this  
AusMakka

Austin City Limits 2016

Honestly I don’t think we will have any idea of anything related to LP10 for a Long ass time. I think the only news is the idea that they are not done with Radiohead. 

Ed releasing his album in the later half of the year and talking about touring pushes anything of a full band project into 2021. 

Thom has gotten worse with finishing any kind of project. And who knows how long his solo project will be floating out there. 

The thing is radiohead as a whole has done the right things financially that they are independently wealthy and aren’t really gonna need to do anything else and live out their lives in comfort. 

I would expect some sort of  release of kidA. Would not expect them to tour without new material. Can’t see them doing some vintage tour setlist like other acts. Also can’t see them road testing new material like 2006 or 2002. I think they are just too big now to go back to smaller venues and they found that out the hard way at the start of the AMSP touring cycle. 

So yeah debating their past releases and how they have aged is kinda all we have for the foreseeable future. Well we have reddit to watch and keep us entertained as they empale themselves with memes.   

On 5/7/2019 at 11:30 AM, Robjonas said:

they could create wonderful and challenging works in the studio, but also had the ability to arrange those tracks into something that could be played live.

And they really enjoy figuring out how to present those songs in concert.  It's a whole other set of challenges and innovations.  It's why we can prefer studio versions or in other cases songs feel truly nailed live.  Or both, which is where I am a lot of the time with this band.  

13 hours ago, MarkGrace said:

Hoping for tidbits of news about Thom's solo album

@MarkGraceJust for you, Thom did an interview in Crack magazine.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Robjonas said:

I think they are just too big now to go back to smaller venues and they found that out the hard way at the start of the AMSP touring cycle. 

Not necessarily. A lot of bands over the years have gone back to do small tours in small venues to bring back the intimacy. These performances can be outstanding. Queen's Crazy Tour of '79 is a great example of a big band going back to playing small venues and killing it. 

I guess even the Austin City Limits performances were to a small audience (I believe the venue holds approximately 300). They still put on a great performance and the music came across well. 

23 hours ago, AusMakka said:

Not necessarily. A lot of bands over the years have gone back to do small tours in small venues to bring back the intimacy. These performances can be outstanding. Queen's Crazy Tour of '79 is a great example of a big band going back to playing small venues and killing it. 

I guess even the Austin City Limits performances were to a small audience (I believe the venue holds approximately 300). They still put on a great performance and the music came across well. 

But the issue is tickets and fans not paying 5k a ticket to see them in a theatre. I think they are very aware of what Happened on that 1st leg of AMSP tour. 

2 hours ago, Robjonas said:

But the issue is tickets and fans not paying 5k a ticket to see them in a theatre. I think they are very aware of what Happened on that 1st leg of AMSP tour. 

A little out of the loop here, what happened with those shows? I understand the crowds got fairly rowdy.