thatthere

KID A/Amnesiac 20th anniversary reissue

12 hours ago, Jethro said:

I suspect Ed's lack of enthusiasm is probably reflected in the rest of the band. 

Do we have any recent comments from Jonny or Colin on this anniversary release idea?  In his interviews for EOB's Earth, Ed has voiced his feelings of past depression, so I think his turning away from the release reflects a deeper aversion to get into all that again.  It brings up stuff he doesn't care to deal with, and with his new EOB music push at his center, it may seem not only useless but unhealthy to open that box.   

From Thom:

"Kid A was a difficult album to make. It'll be interesting.  Opening that one will be interesting. It’ll all come flooding back. It wasn’t the happiest of times. But I think the music was pretty good."

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 10:37 AM, thatthere said:

Do we have any recent comments from Jonny or Colin on this anniversary release idea?  In his interviews for EOB's Earth, Ed has voiced his feelings of past depression, so I think his turning away from the release reflects a deeper aversion to get into all that again.  It brings up stuff he doesn't care to deal with, and with his new EOB music push at his center, it may seem not only useless but unhealthy to open that box.   

From Thom:

"Kid A was a difficult album to make. It'll be interesting.  Opening that one will be interesting. It’ll all come flooding back. It wasn’t the happiest of times. But I think the music was pretty good."

I think Ed's indifference about Kid A stems from the fact that he barely contributed anything to it. Ed wanted to be in a traditional rock band and thought he was up until those recording sessions.

kid a 20 cancelled. i was at an o' brain family reunion and Ed let me know that he shut the whole release down because he "didn't want to go back in time, ya know?"

This whole 'frontman' thing doesn't count, someone tell him selling tickets for 20 bucks to a room of 300 people in a city of 10 million doesn't count. I bet the groupies are even ugly.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, forward said:

Ed is kinda coming across as an aloof prick lately.

Im really hating his interviews for his album cycle, im not sure how many times I can hear him say "we are all connected man on a simple level, Glastonbury is a meeting of tribes". He also keeps mentioning how the other band members haven't egged him on or gave him praise on the album. He seems to be having interviews with fucking everybody too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fuzzyste said:

Im really hating his interviews for his album cycle, im not sure how many times I can hear him say "we are all connected man on a simple level, Glastonbury is a meeting of tribes". He also keeps mentioning how the other band members haven't egged him on or gave him praise on the album. He seems to be having interviews with fucking everybody too. 

His 'forgotten nice guy who'd chat to you down the pub while you waited for a pint then say bye before he left' schtick has gone. He's a boring, cliché white fucker. The Brazil thing is just classic cultural tourism and talking about 'energising colour and atmosphere' just isn't that much to learn overseas. Maybe Ed's a posh cunt.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, forward said:

His 'forgotten nice guy who'd chat to you down the pub while you waited for a pint then say bye before he left' schtick has gone. He's a boring, cliché white fucker. The Brazil thing is just classic cultural tourism and talking about 'energising colour and atmosphere' just isn't that much to learn overseas. Maybe Ed's a posh cunt.

This seems true, sadly. 

When did Ed complain that Radiohead members didn’t praise the album? That’s embarrassing, for all of them!

7 hours ago, appearcomposed said:

guys i've been telling you for decades that everyone in this band you worship are total assholes.

and have these decades been worthwhile for you?

• Sad 1

One more album for an even ten and a Kid/Amnesiac ala OKNOTOK and I will be a satisfied fan.  I have been very happy with their output.  They've been my favorite band since OK Computer was released.

16 hours ago, appearcomposed said:

guys i've been telling you for decades that everyone in this band you worship are total assholes. history proved me right.

Is Jonny an asshole? He seems pretty friendly in general.

Journalists and TV interviewers aren’t the easiest people to get along with. I certainly wouldn’t want to be interviewed by journalists!

1 hour ago, section 917 said:

What if Jonny is secretly the meanest member of the band.

i just finished the sopranos 13 years after it went off the air

what's with all these cunts getting into The Sopranos in the last year or so, yet also being the biggest know-it-alls about it?

6 minutes ago, forward said:

what's with all these cunts getting into The Sopranos in the last year or so, yet also being the biggest know-it-alls about it?

i watched it bcuz of the free hbo last month.

i mean. of course it was really, really good but it didn't have me ~glued to the screen~ or as captivated as, say, breaking bad. i don't think it really was building towards anything in particular, and often i found the various side plots not really interesting enough to warrant the amount of screentime some received. the last season, "6b" was my favorite simply because it felt more important and driven compared to the others. and i know ur thinking "well duh it's the last season" but i wanted all the seasons to have that oomph to them. there was a lot of filler and for me, it's hard to really get engrossed in plot points and character development when there's other shit cutting back in every 15 minutes.

something else i noticed is that i fucking hated nearly every single character. and i know, yeah yeah yeah, that was probably the intended effect from the writers, but i really did not want things to end well for anyone of them because they're all psychopaths who not only harm each other, but more often than not drag innocent people into the process too. the reason i bring this up is to contrast it with breaking bad. sure walt is just a psychotic and cold blooded as everyone in the soprano crew, but up until the very last scene in breaking bad i was still wildly rooting for him to win, despite all the ways he fucked up life for everyone around him. i didn't get that feeling in sopranos for tony. i really can't explain why.

all that said, though, i want to say that the use of the psychologists throughout the show was an extraordinary idea that has limitless potential. i wish i saw more shows use that type of dynamic of patient/doctor or talker/talkee or whatever. it was really well used, i think, throughout the entire show. i think it was brilliant for all the characters who went to a session at some point. some of my fave scenes in the show.