thatthere

KID A/Amnesiac 20th anniversary reissue

34 minutes ago, booger bear said:

Review Ed's diary during the Kid/Amnesiac sessions and let me know what you are most excited for. 

Bombers has to be Go to Sleep right? 

C minor song is worrywart? 

He never mentions their attempts at Nude but he does with True Love Waits.  

I bet I Froze Up would be a release extra c-side like Lift, I Promise and Big Boots.  

There has to be a ton of stuff that we don't know about that wasn't mentioned in the diary.  Obviously Innocent Civilians was a joke but we could fuck with Reddit on that one.  

Bombers is 4 minute warning I think

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I thought the Neil Young Song was 4 Minute Warning.  I suppose they both can be. 

edit: indeed after reviewing Ed’s diary, Neil Young Song and Bombers are the same song. 

Edited by PackofSandwiches

On 6/25/2020 at 7:49 PM, PackofSandwiches said:

I thought the Neil Young Song was 4 Minute Warning.  I suppose they both can be. 

edit: indeed after reviewing Ed’s diary, Neil Young Song and Bombers are the same song. 

Yes indeed. On one of the 2006 blackboards "Bombers / Neil Young *9" had become "Bombers / 4 minute warning"

https://citizeninsane.eu/music/inrainbows/4minutewarning.html

Neil Young #9 (number nine... number nine!)

BOMBERS!

maybe Frozen Up can be retitled You're The Cream (In My Airport Coffee!)

Hey those are the lyrics you crazy Ash!  Seriously though I hope that I Froze Up is released on the Kid A re-issue.  

• Like 1

i didn't fully realize all this time, since 2017 basically, how well Morning Bell Amnesiac bodes for whatever this project turns out to be!!  i feel like there may be many complete recordings relating to KID A that were not included on Amnesiac or the b-sides.   

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ed has said they could release a box set of material from the Kid A era. 

Edited by Robjonas
  • Like 4

On 7/6/2020 at 6:15 AM, Robjonas said:

Ed has said they could release a box set of material from the Kid A era. 

If that's the case I hope they realise from the minidiscs release that people would love to hear everything!

• Like 1

Unfortunately I'd have to think the chances that we somehow get EVERY SINGLE FUCKING MINIDISC from the sessions can't possibly happen again..No way that could possibly ever happen again at all..............

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, section 917 said:

Unfortunately I'd have to think the chances that we somehow get EVERY SINGLE FUCKING MINIDISC from the sessions can't possibly happen again..No way that could possibly ever happen again at all..............

Agreed though it would be very nice.  Even though the band is more "chill" these days about releasing unreleased demos and recordings, they still want to curate exactly that is released.  So we'll get a Kid A version of the white cassette from OKNOTOK, but not the 17-hour Minidisc equivalent.   

Edited by First Against the Wall

Bombers is 4 Minute Warning.

Cminor song is not Worrywort.

Would love a version of Froze Up though! Though in all honesty I do really hope that gets onto LP10...

On 7/8/2020 at 4:42 AM, section 917 said:

If they even did anything even remotely close to the amount of material on the minidiscs it'd be like £500+. I also think the percentage of people who'd actually want that level of content would be very slim. Outside of us nerd fans online there won't be that many people who'd be interested in Optimistic (Take 25) etc. 

I reckon most normal people won't have even heard the amnesiac b sides. 

Edited by Fuzzyste

4 hours ago, Fuzzyste said:

If they even did anything even remotely close to the amount of material on the minidiscs it'd be like £500+. I also think the percentage of people who'd actually want that level of content would be very slim. Outside of us nerd fans online there won't be that many people who'd be interested in Optimistic (Take 25) etc. 

I reckon most normal people won't have even heard the amnesiac b sides. 

There was an interview with Nigel about Ultraista this springtime where he was describing that the Public Library is a place that some of the KID A material will appear; He didn't say whether that meant visual or audio, as they have also gathered lots of art and writings from the creation period over time!

I think where the OKNOTOK cassette is there now, they may choose this time to have the session and archival material be free to hear. 

As far as a new physical disc of some sort, there may be several totally unheard full studio songs, and a few alternate versions of songs to complete it!!  essentially the third of three albums made from the sessions that revealed itself to them when revisiting!!