Sign in to follow this  
thatthere

KID A/Amnesiac 20th anniversary reissue

small spider was crawling right above my pillow tonight. i'm scared. i'm scared.

i'm sleeping on the couch tonight.

i know spiders are our friends but just the way the move around makes me uncomfortable. i have some in every corner of my room but i'm fine with them being there as long as they don't invade my space. i wouldn't dare kill them, but this one seems too big for the pill bottle. i feel so violated but i don't want to cause unnecessary suffering to the spider because i know its just trying to live life.

Posted (edited)

:september:

Edited by section 917

Does anyone remember how long it was from when they announced OKNOTOK to when it was released?  Recent interviews have me thinking it might not happen.  

It might happen next year instead. 2021 is the anniversary of Amnesiac and the extra sessions with Graeme Stewart for the Amnesiac B-sides.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, booger bear said:

Does anyone remember how long it was from when they announced OKNOTOK to when it was released?  Recent interviews have me thinking it might not happen.  

I only recently starting reading through this thread but somebody said 6 weeks.

From looking at my emails 2nd May 2017 was the date several shops announced it and it was also the date I created my accountat the OKNOTOK store. The release date of the 3 x vinyl and 2 CD was 23rd June, not sure if the big boxed set was the same date.

So an early-mid August announcement would be consistent with an early October release if they were going for the actual 20th anniversary.

Seemed to be some very strong interest in earlier interviews - why wouldn't it happen? Ed's attention is obviously elsewhere with a new album out and nobody would want to undermine that by hyping the project up now.

Edited by Belisha Beacon

I honestly seem to recall it being about three month. I remember just thinking it must've been some 90s throwback, true to the style, because the wait and whole promotional push was very 'traditional.' Before that, we'd had three Radiohead albums and a Thom Yorke one all with pretty similar 10ish day announcement-to-release cycles.

I remember seeing the posters pop up and thinking they were fake. Then again I thought that about the Burn The Witch pamphlets being sent out as well. I guess reddit and their 'I won't listen to the minidisc leaks because it'll make me cry because it'll make Thom angry' ethics rules out such sins as fibbing bout the 'head. I went to Europe and saw a couple of shows, the first time I'd seen them, they were playing some festival shows in Europe and one in Belgium or Holland was selling the it at the merch tent a while before it was due to come out.

I think OKNOTOK properly came out a couple of days before the Manchester show (?). They opened with Let Down and then I think they played Lucky or Airbag and I said "fuckin hell, they're going to play the whole album!"

Still can't believe they trotted out fuckin I Promise and not Lift in the encore though. They get sentimental and look backwards for the first time ever and botch it. Classic.

• Like 1