Sign in to follow this  
Zane

we did a Kid A jazz thing

4 hours ago, Zane said:

Looks like we’re gonna do amnesiac April 19th, which is a bitch as I’m gonna have to write the arrangements in a massive hurry 😕 

I'm not sure if Oblique Strategies would help, but in case, here they are!! 

http://stoney.sb.org/eno/oblique.html

Generally speaking, it can be an inbetween or early version of your potential interpretation; it can be like a road test concert!  As you are saying that isn't necessarily ideal, but the group you have is profoundly awesome and so whichever arrangements you create will become very much beyond the sum of its parts!!

May 18th at the Vortex in London, we're going to the same thing but for Amnesiac.

Tori Freestone - tenor saxophone
George Crowley - tenor/bass clarinet
Dave Whitford - double bass
Tim Giles - drums
myself at the piano

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zane said:

May 18th at the Vortex in London, we're going to the same thing but for Amnesiac.

Tori Freestone - tenor saxophone
George Crowley - tenor/bass clarinet
Dave Whitford - double bass
Tim Giles - drums
myself at the piano

Looking forward to Pull/Pulk

On 4/24/2019 at 12:25 PM, Scatterbrain said:

Looking forward to Pull/Pulk

can the pulk it off live?

yeah no idea what to do with that one yet 

think we might skip the bear one cos it’s shite 

Hunting Bears seems to be closely related to I Might be Wrong which you will already be playing. 

So it would be fantastic to sort of make an alternate perhaps improvised transition from Dollars & Cents to Like Spinning Plates!! 

Posted (edited)

yo so we're doing Amnesiac this saturday at the Vortex in London if anyone fancies it. God knows what it'll end up like, we're getting together the day before again but i"m sure they'll make something great out of it. 

Edited by Zane
  • Like 1

Dollars and Cents has such a slinky feel.  Should be a great night Rick.  Hope you post a recording again.

• Like 1

can't wait for the hail to the teeth one!

coming this summer!

• Like 1

I did look at Rick's gig schedule and he has had some amazing ones that are continuing through this week!!  

I think maybe we will hear about the Amnesiac concert, or maybe be able to hear or see it, sometime afterwards! 

Posted (edited)

HTTT or In Rainbows will definitely happen. Probably September.

Amnesiac went well, was a little rushed again, and we only played for the first time the day before....again (fucks sake lol), so I tried to keep the arrangements simpler. I think it came out well, haven't got the recording back yet but I'll post when I do. 

Edited by Zane
  • Like 3

free jazz Pablo honey concert!

On 5/26/2019 at 3:42 PM, Zane said:

HTTT or In Rainbows will definitely happen. Probably September.

Amnesiac went well, was a little rushed again, and we only played for the first time the day before....again (fucks sake lol), so I tried to keep the arrangements simpler. I think it came out well, haven't got the recording back yet but I'll post when I do. 

Very fantastic to know how it was and what is on the way!!  Thank you for telling us!  

I think for you, simpler arrangements are like Rapunzel tying back her hair, everything is still in there!!  

And with Amnesiac, being as lightly rehearsed as possible feels very compatible with the feelings of the album, there is a unique passive element compared to KID A, where Optimistic for example feels like the absolute strongest take possible (the track itself maybe includes multiple takes), Knives Out feels as though it is the first take where the song really started to click for everyone, and the same holds true for most of the others!   

14 hours ago, duaessences as clay become said:

like Rapunzel tying back her hair, everything is still in there!!

🤣

yes, this!