Sign in to follow this  
chernobyl2

Colin Digging Through Bends Session Tapes?!

Just saw this pop up on Reddit:

6cvzu6jgjm421.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Colin browsing master tapes for what looks like sessions for The Bends...

Juicy tidbits include a song called "Interstate 5" and the fact that there's an alternate outro for Lewis (Mistreated) !!!

But is this just Colin browsing around for fun, or do you think they're gearing up for a Bends 25th anniversary or something?

I would give serious money to be able to look around that library for a bit...

I'm kinda guessing it's just for fun. Not sure what would cause them to deviate from a Kid Amnesiac project; maybe this picture is a red herring?

Maybe it’s part of the Kida stuff and Colin got lost. 

Only good old things should come from them being bored and digging around the old master tapes. 

You could play me an entirely different song and tell me it was an alternative version of Lewis Mistreated and I would believe you. I can't remember a moment of it.

I wonder where that place is, though. Not because I intend to break in, but it's just weird to contemplate the physical spaces these sorts of things exist in. Do Radiohead own those tapes now? Or XL? Are they in a bunker under the Thames? A barn in Oxfordshire?

Ed told wons that they owned all the masters. I believe it was from that interview. 

Lewis was a typical bends era guitar “rocker”. Can’t get it out of my head now. 

• Thanks 1

Can anyone read any of the spines on those other boxes? Do any of them say anything cool like "Videotape - Discarded Good Version"?

I like both versions of Videotape really.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Duff said:

Can anyone read any of the spines on those other boxes? Do any of them say anything cool like "Videotape - Discarded Good Version"?

I like both versions of Videotape really.

Been trying too. A bunch say outtakes. That’s all I can make out so far. 

3 hours ago, pleasekeepmoving said:

I'm sure the ones on the shelf on the right next to Colin's shoulders say 'bends' or 'benz'.

I have a set list from 1993 with benz

looking at the other photo from reddit, Colin is taking a photo of one shelf. Doubt how much of those shelves are Radiohead masters. Not sure how much we can see even matters from the angle Colin is shooting with his camera. 

1 hour ago, Robjonas said:

I have a set list from 1993 with benz

looking at the other photo from reddit, Colin is taking a photo of one shelf. Doubt how much of those shelves are Radiohead masters. Not sure how much we can see even matters from the angle Colin is shooting with his camera. 

There you go. It's possible the tapes are organised by recording date and not artist.

Regardless.  Good photos and it is interesting that he is posing with some old Radiohead tapes.  Since the tapes were limited with OK Computer I don't think there is a realistic option of doing a Bends Anniversary edition.  BUT I really hope they do a Kid Amnesiac. Especially since Nigel said they had a lot of tapes from those sessions.  Also, Colin is awesome.  

Edited by booger bear

7 hours ago, Bacon said:

Someone said on Reddit that Interstate 5 is another title for Maquiladora.

That would make sense.  Radiohead and their superior knowledge of U.S. road systems.

15 hours ago, Robjonas said:

Ed told wons that they owned all the masters. I believe it was from that interview. 

Lewis was a typical bends era guitar “rocker”. Can’t get it out of my head now. 

Same.  Love the My Iron Lung EP so much.

• Like 1

Colin's diggin' up them mules!

Mexican Ice Cream Pizza Style!

colon eyes the moog!