Sign in to follow this  
KrK22

Radiohead inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame

Will they actually be there, though?

Can't wait for all the rumors that they're going to call it quits after their inducted like REM even though Thom said Radiohead would be touring again soon after 2019.

3 hours ago, PopArtist said:

As much as they moaned last year about not caring, I think they will end up going. I bet Michael Stipe will induct them.

You can not care and still go. Jonny did that at the Oscars this year because PTA convinced him to. I wouldn't be surprised if Stipe inducting them is a pre-requisite for their appearance. And if it means we get Stipe and RH performing a song together on TV, I'm down for that.

That being said, I agree with the band.

We should just ask: Do you think you’ll go to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ceremony?
I can’t. I know I can’t, because of these piano pieces that I’ve written. There’s the Paris Philharmonic, so I have to be there for that. [The piece he wrote for Katia and Marielle Labèque premieres at Philharmonie de Paris on April 7, nine days after the Hall of Fame induction.]

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/thom-yorke-radiohead-oscar-best-song-shortlist-suspiria-1203102955/

One step closer to Colin being the only one there and playing the bass part to Creep five times.

Award shows. LOL. I seriously hope that RH doesn't go.

It took 50 fucking years since Odessey And Oracle for Zombies to get in?

Sonic Youth is still not it?

The whole thing is a joke.

Well Thom's not going to be there, so maybe he can just take Thom's place and sing with the band :classic_ninja:

• Like 1

radiohead doing a cover of radio head with the talking head instead of the head of radiohead!

• Haha 1

Phil and Ed gave very nice speeches (I just read the transcript). Quite obvious these guys love working together and don't have any intention of calling it quits yet.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, Ed's was particularly warm.  Wasn't just tossed off.  I still don't know what RH music was played and by whom.  

No music.

Edited by thatthere

Surprised Colin wasn't there.  Phil mentioned the other three all had shows booked.  We know Thom was in rehearsals for that piano piece, but I wonder what Jonny and Colin were up to?

Posted (edited)

Maybe "shows" was a diplomatic way of saying other commitments?  I'd like to know too.  

It did seem like Colin was most enthusiastic about the prospect.  Maybe it has to do with his bass promotion scene.   

I really think the band owe a big thank you to Ed for being the consummate representative of the band for this.  Otherwise they would have come off like total dicks.  Maybe it's a stupid award.  Whatever your feelings about the honor, it's meant as an honor.  

Edited by thatthere

And yet Ed didn't bother to turn up when Radiohead won the Duff Lifetime Achievement Award last year.

The DLAA wasn't televised and thus could not deliver "all the power, detail and emotion of live music" afforded by an unnamed brand of audio speakers. 

On 3/30/2019 at 1:20 AM, thatthere said:

Yeah, Ed's was particularly warm.  Wasn't just tossed off.  I still don't know what RH music was played and by whom.  

No music.

Yeah but HBO will play a recap in the near future.  Colin is in China according to reports.  

Since it hasn't been posted and that radiohead sub is filled with Generation Z people who are just finding out that there is an In Rainbows disc two

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, it's pretty clear they are sick of the band, they hate each other, and they are on the verge of breaking up.

15 hours ago, booger bear said:

Ed is the beast.  

truly!

Posted (edited)

This airs on HBO tonight. But was there anything worthwhile beyond the Ed/Phil speeches and David Byrne's intro? 

Edit: No, not really. 

Edited by PackofSandwiches