Eliminator

RADIOHEAD LP10

Adam talks with guitarist Ed O'Brien about embarrassing Radiohead videos, stolen mini discs, getting cosmic, the romance of space, whether Ed really is the 59th greatest guitarist of all time and his new solo project EOB.

This conversation was recorded in London in early March 2020.

Thanks to Séamus Murphy-Mitchell for production support and to Matt Lamont for additional editing and Dan Hawkins for bass playing on the Star Trek jingle (Star Trek theme composed by Alexander Courage)

They should just finish up on those old hanging chad songs , I froze up follow me around etc.  Put them out on the Kid A reissue at the end of the year.

They should sinch all that and just do all fresh stuff for the new project.  Longer more abstracted pieces would be nice.  A bit bored of pop songs to be honest.  Billie Eilish is my official “don’t care with how you nich and craft and playfully contextualize yourself as coming off like a real musician when you’re not really”. Games up! We all got software now.  No one is fooled.  Time for them to get in the band room and try to make bitches brew again!  They got enough of the chops now.

2 hours ago, Girl in the Purple Dress said:

Games up! We all got software now.  No one is fooled.

shots fired!

16 hours ago, MarkGrace said:

Hi, Zane.  Hope you're doing well.

You too man! Radiohead feels very dead these days huh

13 hours ago, Girl in the Purple Dress said:

They should just finish up on those old hanging chad songs , I froze up follow me around etc.  Put them out on the Kid A reissue at the end of the year.

They should sinch all that and just do all fresh stuff for the new project.  Longer more abstracted pieces would be nice.  A bit bored of pop songs to be honest.  Billie Eilish is my official “don’t care with how you nich and craft and playfully contextualize yourself as coming off like a real musician when you’re not really”. Games up! We all got software now.  No one is fooled.  Time for them to get in the band room and try to make bitches brew again!  They got enough of the chops now.

They don’t have that energy anymore. It’s been missing since In Rainbows. I’d love them to do something really fresh and full of life but I don’t think they’re interested 

• Like 1