Eliminator

RADIOHEAD LP10

22 hours ago, Zane said:

I hope that if they do another record they find some energy again. I listened to Bodysnatchers the other day and whatever you think of the song, that’s a really great studio performance. I hope they bring some of that back. 

Agreed. I want some oomph, some heaviness, some rock. As much as I love AMSP, I’m hungry for something a bit heavier and with more balls.

I do miss radiohead rocking out. Full Stop is the only sort of up beat rock song theyve put out since IR right, unless I'm forgetting something

Edited by Black Jesus
  • Like 1

Hm!!  Twisted Words, Staircase, and The Daily Mail may fit that concept, but less so specifically what Zane is describing!  Burn the Witch, The Numbers, and Magpie in concert versions are close also! 

There is a, maybe from 2008? video interview with Thom and Ed and i remember how they describe the specific earlier session from which Bodysnatchers on the record originates as being an amazing one! 

We're only a few months away from AMSP being four years old. Damn.

The wait between TKOL and AMSP was five years. Yet I don't have any sense that once spring 2020 rolls around it will be about a year until LP10. I feel like this time it's going to be a six year gap at least.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2019 at 4:40 PM, hysterical.useless said:

We're only a few months away from AMSP being four years old. Damn.

The wait between TKOL and AMSP was five years. Yet I don't have any sense that once spring 2020 rolls around it will be about a year until LP10. I feel like this time it's going to be a six year gap at least.

Hm!  It helps that A Moon Shaped Pool allowed them to sort of, more in the sense of being an art collective than an "important band etc", complete their body of work thus far.  Thre is this wholeness to everything ( which I think includes everyones' projects that we know about and have heard as well as all of their personal creatings) at this point!

There are many ways that they can set themselves in slightly or significantly different arrangements too; Jonny has sort of mentioned that he is learning/relearning cello.  Phil and Clive haven't really played together on lots of new songs yet, and of course between the two of them they can add literally anything that makes sound and can be mic'd to their kits!!

Overall they have been allowing their approach to creating and playing music to evolve in ways that can basically happen perpatually now, just as Nigel and Stanley do with their mediums!!

On 5/3/2019 at 2:42 PM, MarkGrace said:

If the comment about Nude is a reaction to my post, then you misread.  I love the album version of Nude and think it's better than the old version.

Listening to IR.  This version of Nude is just fucking ace.

Is there any sort of timeline for the start of the next Radiohead album?
No. I think everything at the moment, because of the coronavirus, is up in the air. We couldn’t even make an album at the moment, even if we wanted to. And everybody is doing their own project. Thom is really massively into his touring. He’s got other stuff coming out. It’s the same with Jonny and the same with Philip [Selway], he’s got his next album coming out next year.

We are talking about stuff. But when you get to a band like ours, what you have to do is move forward in a way that keeps the integrity and the creativity of what you’ve done before. We’re always mindful of that. We’ve been in a band for 35 years, and we don’t work together like we did 10, 15, 20 years ago. We don’t. People have lots of other things going on, so it’s a matter of finding…when we feel that we have something we collectively want to do together.

I think that’s the beauty of what we do. There’s a real honesty about it. We’re not trying to fulfill contracts or maintain a lifestyle that requires us to make albums. We want to do it because we’re inspired to do it and that should always be the case. You should be inspired to work with people and make music rather than feel obligated. I can’t do that. I can’t do it unless I’m inspired, and I think that’s the case for all of us.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ed-obrien-new-album-radiohead-987247/

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 7:21 AM, Zane said:

Ful Stop and Identikit could have had way more swagger. Sad!

I still prefer the 2012 version of Identikit to what it became. It had some rock to it back then.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 9:16 PM, Black Jesus said:

I do miss radiohead rocking out. Full Stop is the only sort of up beat rock song theyve put out since IR right, unless I'm forgetting something

The neutered studio version with Thom wailing like a dying cat is a major disappointment though

• Like 1

So Ed said they were due to tour in 2021, now not looking so likely with coronavirus. Im not too fussed on missing out on another tour of LA and New York to be honest. 

it is still somewhat puzzling that the most recent fullest UK tour was 2003!  

But, really, the live music cancellations have helped remind me of all of the countries and locales that bands overall basically cannot work out the logistics to tour.  I am feeling positively that Nigel's interest in restarting From the Basement will be possible by mid 2021 (small groups of people could gather together by then?) and maybe they will do more of a gig format, playing multiple days, complete with Andi setting up shop with many different types of lights around the space!  even if it isn't next year, From the Basement with Andi is as much of a Radiohead future milestone as every release of key songs that had been in waiting!

They could record it and do post production, and have multiple takes of whichever parts they wish to do again, like normal, and then it would be released and available to as many people as possible, perhaps some or all with some fundraising involved!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, duaessences as clay become said:

Nigel's interest in restarting From the Basement will be possible by mid 2021 (small groups of people could gather together by then?) and maybe they will do more of a gig format, playing multiple days, complete with Andi setting up shop with many different types of lights around the space!  even if it isn't next year, From the Basement with Andi is as much of a Radiohead future milestone as every release of key songs that had been in waiting!

They could record it and do post production, and have multiple takes of whichever parts they wish to do again, like normal, and then it would be released and available to as many people as possible, perhaps some or all with some fundraising involved!

Andi Watson was named a Knight of Illumination for the 2018 tour.  

From the Basement would be a tad more intimate for Andi.   The idea, though, of recording in a "gathering of less than 25 persons" space, is nearly ideal as a great way for the band to become active in the next 12 months, as shelter-in-place restrictions are gradually loosened.  Recording LP10 would also be a "fewer person" alternative to touring.  Needs more band interest than just Nigel though.  

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 9:50 AM, MarkGrace said:

everybody is doing their own project. Thom is really massively into his touring. He’s got other stuff coming out. It’s the same with Jonny and the same with Philip [Selway], he’s got his next album coming out next year.

What's that about though?

On 4/29/2020 at 2:09 AM, thatthere said:

What's that about though?

At least the one song he's doing on that pisshead knob-slobberer's TV show tonight.

• Like 1