Eliminator

RADIOHEAD LP10

Heres the quote for reference:

“You see that joy Leonard Cohen got,” he says. “You see it with the Dead or Neil Young when he goes off with Crazy Horse. Everybody would like to see Pink Floyd do it. If we were to do it, it would have to be authentic. It might be like the Rolling Stones. It might be like Leonard Cohen or the Grateful Dead.”

Edited by Black Jesus

Maybe but the gist of it is at least one member sees them potentially playing together into their 70s, thus contradicting the THIS IT IT nonsense.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:30 AM, hysterical.useless said:

THIS IS IT!

7C1F1F9E-7FFD-4DDE-AFC1-04C02A75F00D.jpeg

I'm sure he'll quickly catch on to the convenience of wheelchairs too, that way he can still tour without standing up

• Haha 1

so, I had the courtyard booked for two weeks to mix some songs I'd previously recorded. Low and behold its been cancelled because a certain band needs it sporadically for an 8 week period.

• Like 3

I am wondering about that too, Italo!

It seems a bit early but, not if Nigel and others have already been gathering various parts of it together for a while.

Eight weeks, though!!  No matter which project it is for, that feels like old school atease hype; (even if the information is inaccurate, that didn't stop us before!)

Posted (edited)

Guys, it's clear they've been working on new songs since probably summer of 2017. Didn't we also get some leaked info in an interview where someone said Jonny was "working on a new Radiohead album" back in January?

Radiohead are in Mach 4.

We're getting a new Radiohead album in 2019 or 2020 at the latest and more tours each summer.

Here's what the next two years are going to look like:

October 2018 - Suspiria release

November - December 2018 - Thom tour

January 2019 - Radiohead Australia tour

February to April 2019 - Thom LP 3

August - October 2019 - Radiohead LP 10

October 2019 - August 2020 - Radiohead sporadic touring

October 2020 - Kid A Not A Dik release

Edited by Scatterbrain

There's no way we're getting a RH album in 2019 when Thom and Ed are both putting solo stuff out.

31 minutes ago, In Portrait said:

Not before 2021, and even that's being generous

That is sort of what has been implied or described so far by band members, that to wait some time will benefit the music, and Philip says also that they will bring everything they have learned during other projects in between!

However, they might also want to hear, and be/ work with, this specific current version of Radiohead in a studio setting! 

6 hours ago, MethodicalBeast said:

so, I had the courtyard booked for two weeks to mix some songs I'd previously recorded. Low and behold its been cancelled because a certain band needs it sporadically for an 8 week period.

Image result for hawt gif

7 hours ago, MethodicalBeast said:

Were you told who it was or are you just inferring?!

Do Radiohead really still use Courtyard? They've had their own studio since the mid-90s.

Posted (edited)

What's this I hear about an Australian tour? Is that all but confirmed? That would be sweet if so, I've only seen them once with terrible seats.

Edited by pleasekeepmoving

Here's what I think:

I have only now just learned what and where Courtyard Recording Studio is; there are many parts of the Radiohead story with which I am not yet familiar! 

Basically, if this is actually occurring, they could bring instruments and equipment from their personal studio spaces! 

They could even be work in both somewhat simultaneously.  It is easy to see how having a second, different studio space near to their own would be beneficial in many ways, allowing nearby access to a different head space that is still a fully functioning studio, and, also allowing them to perhaps have different recording setups per location; or allow more teams of people to work on different parts of a given project at once!

Here is a pleasant few sentences from the current website describing the studio:

The recording rooms won't fit an orchestra but are big enough to track a band all together. It's comfortable and it's got a real good vibe.

23 hours ago, Bacon said:

There's no way we're getting a RH album in 2019

On 10/8/2018 at 12:11 PM, Bacon said:

There's no way we're getting a RH album in 2019 when Thom and Ed are both putting solo stuff out.

ed was very adamant to give a time frame when I asked him, but he sort of gave away it won't be soon and that the tour won't be next year.

going on a limb, as per usual radiohead fan practice, this makes sense with possible radiohead sessions in the middle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duaessences as clay become said:

Reveal hidden contents

Here's what I think:

I have only now just learned what and where Courtyard Recording Studio is; there are many parts of the Radiohead story with which I am not yet familiar! 

Basically, if this is actually occurring, they could bring instruments and equipment from their personal studio spaces! 

They could even be work in both somewhat simultaneously.  It is easy to see how having a second, different studio space near to their own would be beneficial in many ways, allowing nearby access to a different head space that is still a fully functioning studio, and, also allowing them to perhaps have different recording setups per location; or allow more teams of people to work on different parts of a given project at once!

Here is a pleasant few sentences from the current website describing the studio:

It's someone from the Annex trolling because of mental illness.