Eliminator

RADIOHEAD LP10

On 9/1/2018 at 1:25 PM, italo said:

I'm very curious about the self-produced stuff and the spike stent sessions they had for in rainbows, before they went on tour. I'm sure they thought those versions were not good enough back in the day, but maybe there's a handful of good material lying around?

Yes; I hadn't considered the OKNOTOK cassette in the context of how it sets a loose but clear precedent that allows them , if they wanted, to release basically any sort of recording that relates to an album! 

It is very inspiring and intriguing to consider all of the different periods of creation for In Rainbows.  Theoretically they may release some of it as part of a special new version; and perhaps some of the outtakes will be released in a method similar to the original digital version?  Otherwise it could be that sort of a new discbox would be released that had as much as they decided could be released, and a more streamlined but still special edition would also happen!

Edited by duaessences as clay become
  • Like 1

What about the 2006 version of Videotape, eh.

Fun to contemplate, but they probably weren't lying when they said it didn't work in the studio. Could end up with another damp squib like Lift.

or just a soundboard recording of a live take or rehearsal, like some of the stuff on the OKNOTOK cassette.

11 hours ago, Duff said:

What about the 2006 version of Videotape, eh.

Fun to contemplate, but they probably weren't lying when they said it didn't work in the studio. Could end up with another damp squib like Lift.

Devilhood's version of videotape is sufficient.  

On 9/3/2018 at 3:12 PM, booger bear said:

Devilhood's version of videotape is sufficient.  

But it's not really Radiohead though, it's devilhood. I'd like to hear radiohead's recording of it.

Wasnt that version scrapped because the arrangement just didnt fit the theme of the song? I think I remember reading that they played it too fast at that first performance (my personal favorite).

9 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

But it's not really Radiohead though, it's devilhood. I'd like to hear radiohead's recording of it.

Wasnt that version scrapped because the arrangement just didnt fit the theme of the song? I think I remember reading that they played it too fast at that first performance (my personal favorite).

My mix is more of a mish-mash of the two approaches so I wouldn't put it down to being totally dedicated to their 2006 take. Closest you'll probably get is the outstanding Nigel Paul Phipps SBD master of the 2006 Bonnaroo concert. It's faster and has more emphasis on the drums. Arrangement-wise it's the same, minus the electronic beats, but it has that special energy which Radiohead always deliver in a live performance. Absolutely beautiful. The IR version is subdued, reflective and introspective. I love the fact that we're lucky enough to be spoilt with multiple versions of a single song. If you don't have the 2006 performance, I can PM you with a lossless download or you can grab it from the "Secrets To Be Told" compilation.

Edited by devilhood
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, devilhood said:

My mix is more of a mish-mash of the two approaches so I wouldn't put it down to being totally dedicated to their 2006 take. Closest you'll probably get is the outstanding Nigel SBD recording of 2006 Bonnaroo. It's faster and has more emphasis on the drums. Arrangement-wise it's the same, minus the electronic beats, but it has that special energy which Radiohead always deliver in a live performance. Absolutely beautiful. The IR version is subdued, reflective and introspective. I love the fact that we're lucky enough to be spoilt with multiple versions of a single song. If you don't have the 2006 performance, I can PM you with a lossless download or you can grab it from the "Secrets To Be Told" compilation.

I actually don't think I've ever heard the Nigel soundboard recording of that, I'd love to have it

• Like 1

Actually I'm confusing this with another concert. It might as well be a Nigel SBD because of how incredible it sounds. It was actually mastered by Paul Phipps. This does beg the question though if Nigel had any involvement, because Paul only received the recording as a 2-track master. There are limits to what you can achieve unless it's a full master, so this really is something special. It's probably the best sounding Radiohead concert I've ever heard.

This used to be the original website where he hosted the files http://radioheadbonnaroo.com

Edited by devilhood
  • Like 1

I think there's reason to suspect the Bonnaroo gig has had some magic put on it from someone in the camp (eg Nigel) because for a while it was being considered for an official live album release. It would make sense if the idea got dropped and the recordings worked their way out through other means.

Edited by Duff
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 2:11 PM, devilhood said:

Actually I'm confusing this with another concert. It might as well be a Nigel SBD because of how incredible it sounds. It was actually mastered by Paul Phipps. This does beg the question though if Nigel had any involvement, because Paul only received the recording as a 2-track master. There are limits to what you can achieve unless it's a full master, so this really is something special. It's probably the best sounding Radiohead concert I've ever heard.

This used to be the original website where he hosted the files http://radioheadbonnaroo.com

There are still some active links on Reddit.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:30 AM, hysterical.useless said:

THIS IS IT!

7C1F1F9E-7FFD-4DDE-AFC1-04C02A75F00D.jpeg

The band's been saying this for years and people still ignore them. Glad Thom said it once again to knock some sense into people.

On 9/21/2018 at 1:19 PM, Bacon said:

The band's been saying this for years and people still ignore them. Glad Thom said it once again to knock some sense into people.

I have a friend who missed them this previous tour and I was saying to him we should definitely go together next time they tour, and he said "there's gonna be a next time?" as if it was just known that they were done after this. I really don't get it.

Ed implied they'd go the route of the Stones as long as they continue to be relevant/making good music.