Eliminator

RADIOHEAD LP10

2 minutes ago, DOG said:

Do you know how to read? English?

I'm concerned

Sadly not, this whole time I've been using Google Translate to communicate. I'm fully versed in "Trollglish" though :classic_laugh:

On a serious note, I'm going to stand back from this debate because whenever it crops up, it becomes circular.

Why does everybody and their dog LOVE to go on a tirade here?

I don't see the text "A place for 4chan members who like radiohead but want a nicer looking interface" written on the forum banner.

I was bored and thought there might be some radiohead stuff to comment on.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, section 917 said:

What does any of this have to do with LP 10?

this IS lp10

:classic_ninja:

radiohead… always breaking new / nude boundaries!

hellish waters!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ash said:

this IS lp10

:classic_ninja:

radiohead… always breaking new / nude boundaries!

hellish waters!

This isn't a small evolutionary advancement from Kid A.

This is MORE than that...

In size?

I'd say it is comparable to an elephant turd.

In density?

Probably the same as an elephant turd.

The sound?

I hear an occasional "blip" whenever someone comments on something. Totally Kid A inspired.

The smell?

Well, I'm not sure yet because all I can smell is the dinner I made earlier, but if we all sit here long enough it will probably end up smelling similar to an elephant turd :classic_smile:

5 hours ago, appearcomposed said:

i have an advance copy of the album. pm me for a download link.

Oh my shitz I can't wait to get my grubby hands on that so I can REMASTER the shit out of it!!!!

:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, booger bear said:

I bet their next release will be Kid Amnesiac in two years.  That will probably spark new recording sessions for a new album in four years.  At least Thom is most likely to release a new solo album in the next couple of months.  

Yes; that does seem to be a balanced guess!  What is encouraging is that Jonny describes having written some music that could work with Radiohead, and probably Thom has also: but then by being patient with it, it can all change and grow. 

I think there may definitely be ideas waiting in the Kid A session recordings that will remind them of paths they have not yet taken/that they will hear differently than they ever have due to being the current versions of who and what they are, which would be encouraging in many ways! 

I badly want a OKNOTOK Kid A reissue.

But I wonder if they'd keep going after that? I could imagine any Amnesiac outtakes being folded into a Kid A reissue. Would they have any appetite for expanded HTTT or IR reissues? I can't imagine them repeating it for their entire discography.

Edited by Duff
  • Like 1

Ed described in the interview this year to coincide with the South American tour that the albums with the most additional material are Kid A/Amnesiac, In Rainbows, and The Bends!

My guess is that Httt and TKOL have more in terms of song demos than lots of complete studio recordings; but, Httt for example could have a new version of the album as a featured part, similar in some ways to what Italo is describing for Kid A!!

As far as TKOL, I am not sure what anything will be like at the time of its 20th anniversary!  They might very well find a way to create a definitive Polyfauna type experience where one could wander through surreal and complex landscapes to find various types of outtakes, samples and loops and perhaps even mix new music together with them in real time within this hybrid realm!!  At least it is wonderful to envision in the present time also!

Edited by duaessences as clay become

38 minutes ago, duaessences as clay become said:

Ed described in the interview this year to coincide with the South American tour that the albums with the most additional material are Kid A/Amnesiac, In Rainbows, and The Bends!

Do you have a link to that interview?

Httt for example could have a new version of the album as a featured part, similar in some ways to what Italo is describing for Kid A!!

Thom recorded three CDs of demos for HTTT, and even gave them titles (The Gloaming, Episcoval and Hold Your Prize). There'd definitely be stuff to put out there, if they wanted to. I'm just not sure they would, especially for HTTT, the album they seem to have regrets about.

Edited by Duff

I'm very curious about the self-produced stuff and the spike stent sessions they had for in rainbows, before they went on tour. I'm sure they thought those versions were not good enough back in the day, but maybe there's a handful of good material lying around?

• Like 2

On 9/1/2018 at 1:25 PM, italo said:

I'm very curious about the self-produced stuff and the spike stent sessions they had for in rainbows, before they went on tour. I'm sure they thought those versions were not good enough back in the day, but maybe there's a handful of good material lying around?

hoping for a blistering Open Pick and a really fucking weird and angry Up on the Ladder or stuff like that

maybe even a MORE Neil Young-esque version of 4MW

• Like 2