Eliminator

RADIOHEAD LP10

1 hour ago, Black Jesus said:

I don't put it on every day or anything but it's been a favorite of mine ever since I first heard it like 20 years ago. And I think the studio version is excellent.

Really don’t like it myself seems to have lost all of it’s swagger. My favourite performance even though it’s rough as hell is the 2002 one. Thoms voice is so good on it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duff said:

Is there anyone out there who is completely satisfied with Man of War, anyway? Is there anyone who puts it on every day and gets the shivers?

I think it's a rather damp squib, but I never liked the song much in the first place.

It used to be my absolutely favorite unreleased track for years. The studio verison is not terrible, but just so unnecessarily overblown... I wonder if we'll ever get the 1998 version. The bits heard in MPIE sounded perfect to me, although the band didn't seem to think so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fuzzyste said:

Really don’t like it myself seems to have lost all of it’s swagger. My favourite performance even though it’s rough as hell is the 2002 one. Thoms voice is so good on it. 

Ah man, I know a lot of people like that 2002 version but I've always hated it. It seems like they had forgotten how to play it. Especially Jonny's parts

Thoms voice more than makes up for it, forget how good they were on the 2002 tour. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

Ah man, I know a lot of people like that 2002 version but I've always hated it. It seems like they had forgotten how to play it. Especially Jonny's parts

That's actually what happened

• Like 1

9 hours ago, forward said:

Sam Petts-Davies, the silly fuckin little Welsh git, seems to be extremely chummy with Nige. Guess he's seen him as some sort of protegé. He's been hanging around with him for a while, posting photos, that sort of thing for quite some time. It's probable he's just been following Nigel around like a pathetic lap dog and thus the production credits over a six, 18, 24-month period.

He also produced for Frank Ocean. Probably sounds more impressive than it is considering how much that album cost and the flying in and out, constant collaboration on it.

He's also about 27 and was working with Radiohead when he was my age.

Kind of inexcusable and his sad little website just needs him boasting about his A-level scores to top it off.

wow this is deranged, why so much vitriol for a man you don't know?!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chernobyl2 said:

wow this is deranged, why so much vitriol for a man you don't know?!

Oh but I know him... he's a piece of work...

20 hours ago, forward said:

Sam Petts-Davies, the silly fuckin little Welsh git, seems to be extremely chummy with Nige. Guess he's seen him as some sort of protegé. He's been hanging around with him for a while, posting photos, that sort of thing for quite some time. It's probable he's just been following Nigel around like a pathetic lap dog and thus the production credits over a six, 18, 24-month period.

He also produced for Frank Ocean. Probably sounds more impressive than it is considering how much that album cost and the flying in and out, constant collaboration on it.

He's also about 27 and was working with Radiohead when he was my age.

Kind of inexcusable and his sad little website just needs him boasting about his A-level scores to top it off.

someone's jealous

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:41 PM, appearcomposed said:

i like "skirts on the surface"

what about skirts UNDERNEATH the surface? :classic_ninja:

kid eh? it's NOT A DIK! 😠

• Like 1

I hope they take their time and come out with one final album that kind of sums up all the sounds they’ve gone for in one big hot sweaty mess. None of that restrained stuff. Unless it’s a ballad. I should produce it as I am musical genius 

• Like 2

I do sort of think that they have become something similar to Animal Collective; by allowing their personal time and projects to transform what they are when they are all together!!  A more amorphous experience for everyone, out of which more unusual and uncanny music seems to form!!

I wish Animal Collective still had the energy they did up till Centipede Hz. What an amazing run. Love that band so much. 

• Like 2

It seems like they might get there again!!  The short autumn tour coming up is when we might find out.  Apparently Dave has recently written what he described as more songs than he ever has before. 

On topicish it is still quite amazing news from whenever Jonny's interview was (2017 or maybe last year at the most recent) that he described having written some songs that he considered for Radiohead!  That makes me think that every now and then he and Colin could be deciding to work on ideas together. 

On 7/3/2019 at 2:21 PM, Zane said:

I hope they take their time and come out with one final album that kind of sums up all the sounds they’ve gone for in one big hot sweaty mess. None of that restrained stuff. Unless it’s a ballad. I should produce it as I am musical genius 

Why does it have to be a final album though? I dont get that. Why couldn't they just keep going until one of them dies or something? Or as long as they're all still interested in the band.

I just don’t really see them making much more than two together at this point. But considering I always argue that they should be able to go forever then hopefully they’ll do more. Just seems like its really not a priority for any of them anymore 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I reckon they're going to be making Radiohead albums into their old age. Thom is an admirer of Robert Wyatt, who is still making music in his 70s, in a wheelchair. Thom is going to be like that.

When one of them dies that might be it for the Radiohead brand, but after that they'll they'll appear on each other's solo projects.

Edited by Duff

2 hours ago, Zane said:

I just don’t really see them making much more than two together at this point. But considering I always argue that they should be able to go forever then hopefully they’ll do more. Just seems like its really not a priority for any of them anymore 

People have been saying this exact thing since 2008. Just stop already. 

I don't know but I think Frank Lampard should produce the album. Fuck Nigel what has he ever won? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zane said:

Idk, they just toured their most recent album for three years in a row. If that’s not a priority for them, then I don’t know what is.