Eliminator

RADIOHEAD LP10

If I’m being honest the only unreleased song im interested in hearing on a record is wake me. The rest can get in the bin unless they are majorly reworked. The Italy version of follow me around was nice but I can’t imagine anything worse than Thom actually releasing a song with those lyrics. 

Follow Me Around has aged the worst out of any unreleased Radiohead song, I'd argue... that new arrangement was really great, agreed, but he really needs to axe some of those lyrics.

I'm in the minority in that I think I Froze Up is actually a really great song I guess hahaha.

Don't care much about I Froze Up, Floodgates, FMA or Skirting, but would really love a finished version of Wake Me.

Skirting on the Surface is one of their best unreleased gems imo.

Was excited about what it could become when it was just in Thom solo form.  But that full band version is an absolute snooze.

Skirting could be a really fun, really unique, groovy arse song from them but they really struggle with that sort of song. Present Tense became this calypso bullshit. Overproduced. They need to realise that if a song sounds boring for three minutes, they need to tweak its structure – not add choirs, synths, vocal effects.

Posted (edited)

Haven't listened to it in a very long time, but remember liking the intro and outro quite a bit.  But it slogged on for like 5 minutes total.  And compared to the solo version the pace just felt too languid for the melody.

Edited by MarkGrace

23 minutes ago, forward said:

Skirting could be a really fun, really unique, groovy arse song from them but they really struggle with that sort of song. Present Tense became this calypso bullshit. Overproduced. They need to realise that if a song sounds boring for three minutes, they need to tweak its structure – not add choirs, synths, vocal effects.

Like Nude.  I like the old version, but they just threw so much at it trying to get the old structure to work.  The version that made In Rainbows is much leaner and to the point.

Just now, MarkGrace said:

Was excited about what it could become when it was just in Thom solo form.  But that full band version is an absolute snooze.

I sincerely doubt when it surfaces that it'll be that arrangement. I think it got shelved after that for a reason haha.

I like the vocal melody of Follow Me Around but yeah he needs to chance the Toney Blair lyrics and others.  

I am most excited for Come To Your Senses and Wake Me.  

14 hours ago, forward said:

TEACH THEM!

Nude and Present Tense are two of their best songs and you guys can go take a long walk off a short pier.

If the comment about Nude is a reaction to my post, then you misread.  I love the album version of Nude and think it's better than the old version.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MarkGrace said:

If the comment about Nude is a reaction to my post, then you misread.  I love the album version of Nude and think it's better than the old version.

Read it wrong on mobile. I knew something was up there.

you read right my friend!

why bacon?

So the dude in the discord who apparently leaked all the OK Computer stuff and works with XL claims that LP10 is coming before Thom’s LP3, and that it’ll likely be out sometime this year. Sounds crazy to me, don’t want to get my hopes up just from that, but.....

they'll bust out a quickly 2-week made album that everyone will be lukewarm on / wish they had given it more time

songs will be too slow / middle of the road / folky / sub-dued / undercooked

one of the b-sides will be hardcore dark electro and the other will be a cover of clinic's distortions

Leaked Minidiscs > LP10

It's like we've been given the Radiohead Golden Era in its full glory, really doubt the band could ever top that. They should really retire after this.

no way man you can't end on album #9

final one has to be number ten!

RADIOHEAD X!