Eliminator

RADIOHEAD LP10

Since about The Bends actually.

If this album doesn't produce another hit they'll probably get dropped!

Wow Thom looks absolutely worn out in MPIE, I wonder if they'll bother making another album?

OMG the album closes with "I will see you in the next life", ah well thanks for the music guys.

Well they're on a six-album deal so I guess HTTT could be the last one.

"This is my way of saying goodbye"?????? This is it, guys.

"Finally I'm free of all the weight I've been carrying"????? This is it, guys.

Oh wow there's 9 letters in Radiohead and this is their ninth LP. This is it, guys.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

you GOTTA stop at Album X

11th albums SUCK!

They are on record on saying how they almost broke up after OK Computer, Kid Amnesiac and In Rainbows.  It's not such a silly thing.  They seem to recognize that they have reached legendary status and enjoy making music together.  We will get another album.  

Also, literally everything they've said about Radiohead's future in the last two years has either implied or in some cases explicitly stated they're excited for the future and want to keep going.

12 hours ago, Duff said:

Fans love to imagine that the most recent Radiohead album will be the last because it makes the moment feel dramatic and romantic and urgent. They've been doing it since In Rainbows came out.

I remember people saying that when Hail to the Thief came out too...A Wolf at the Door did have a final feeling to it.

Every final track has a final feeling to it. That's because they're the final track.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, chernobyl2 said:

Also, literally everything they've said about Radiohead's future in the last two years has either implied or in some cases explicitly stated they're excited for the future and want to keep going.

I think this is what drives me the most crazy about it, tbh. The band have given absolutely no indication they are quitting, and in fact have at times, and pretty recently by Thom, outright said the exact opposite.

Also, I was at the last show in Philly last year and you could just feel the love they have for each other and playing and making music together. They have a bond that is unlike most rock bands, so I guess the general expectations about rock bands gets people's minds going when a band has been around as long as Radiohead.

Edited by Black Jesus

Posted (edited)

Thom literally said late last year on camera that Radiohead will be getting back together to release another album, and when the interviewer said "I hope you guys do" he rolled his eyes and said "we will." I feel like the band finds it almost comedic how scared everyone is all the time that they may stop. 

Ed implied he wouldn't mind touring when they're as old as The Rolling Stones as long as they continue to make solid records.

Edited by Bacon

3 hours ago, section 917 said:

What LP 10 is only half way through Radiohead's eventual discography?

Thom's voice is only gonna get worse so I can't imagine how laughably weak it'll be when he's 70.

5 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

His voice is fine though? Especially on record. He's always been hit or miss live even in his prime.

I agree, it's actually particularly good as of last year (I don't think he's performed some of the songs last tour that well since maybe 2003.) But it's inarguable that there has been a significant loss of power since he was 30, and falsetto tends to diminish with age - so I don't think old age is going to bode well for him.

11 hours ago, Zane said:

AMSP is poo

nope

To quote a cop at Yankee Stadium, "What, are you outta yah mind?"  (True story) 

It’s fine it’s just so snoozy and flat. Some nice moments for sure, daydreaming is 10/10, 

Potentially, the album is representative of in some ways of what George Harrison described wishing they did with the 1968 album, to create one cohesive album with the best music they had recorded.

I am certain that there are at least many unique and dynamic sequences of music that could happen by trying to form a double album that would include some or all of A Moon Shaped Pool.  Possibly wsome of the additional music would be from solo projects, which sounds somewhat unadvisable, but many of the white album songs are closer to, or literally, solo music and it adds quite a lot!

17 hours ago, Zane said:

It’s fine it’s just so snoozy and flat. Some nice moments for sure, daydreaming is 10/10, 

Zane, you and your excellent band can reimagine AMSP.  (Once you finish with Amnesiac.) Would like to hear your version of Daydreaming.  

KID A Reimagined link thanks to @MarkGrace

18 hours ago, booger bear said:

*eats folded street pizza

*river of golden oil trails down hand

1 hour ago, Scatterbrain said:

So Follow Me Around single for Brexit? Or just a Thom song/album?

What's this based on?