Eliminator

RADIOHEAD LP10

I didn't know that atease got his second chance.

I'm signing up for this thread

I know this will get epic eventually  

4 hours ago, Reckonerone said:

I didn't know that atease got his second chance.

I'm signing up for this thread

I know this will get epic eventually  

.... Thom?!

Kinda miss the atease heyday but I’m also kinda grateful it’s gone 

16 hours ago, Zane said:

Kinda miss the atease heyday but I’m also kinda grateful it’s gone 

Gone for a year as of a week or so ago 💔

On 3/2/2019 at 3:39 AM, Homesick Android said:

Cut a Hole?

Won't be on LP 10 just like it thankfully wasn't on LP 9.

4 hours ago, section 917 said:

Won't be on LP 10 just like it thankfully wasn't on LP 9.

Wouldn't be so sure. Thom expressed that he really liked that one when someone met him on this last tour. IIRC, he mentioned that he was one of the main pushes for them to get it on the album, but it didn't fit.

6 hours ago, Bacon said:

Wouldn't be so sure. Thom expressed that he really liked that one when someone met him on this last tour. IIRC, he mentioned that he was one of the main pushes for them to get it on the album, but it didn't fit.

Source for that? Sounds dubious to me.

And if there were a finished version in the vaults, it would have been released by now, like Ill Wind was.

3 minutes ago, Duff said:

Source for that? Sounds dubious to me.

And if there were a finished version in the vaults, it would have been released by now, like Ill Wind was.

It wasn't finished. All Thom said was that he liked the song and was pushing for it. They probably didn't work on it too much. It was posted on Reddit by someone, but they were a reliable poster IIRC. I believe it was someone I met at the show I went to, but idk.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

There is no news of them going into the studio in the next year.  In fact, I believe they have said they are taking the year off from Radiohead.  2021 seem more likely and the fact that we are at least getting one more Radiohead album; we are lucky.  Probably their last but that is speculation.  I have no idea what it will sound like as they essentially cleaned out old songs.  At least we are most likely getting a Kid Amnsiac re-issue with unreleased studio material is awesome since Colin has been pictured in the vaults.  

Edit: If you would consider my assumption I believe that we will most likely get an acoustic album of Follow Me Around , Wake Me, and Come to Your Senses to counter the more lush A Moon Shaped Pool (which I love dearly).   

Edited by booger bear

14 minutes ago, booger bear said:

If you would consider my assumption I believe that we will most likely get an acoustic album of Follow Me Around , Wake Me, and Come to Your Senses to counter the more lush A Moon Shaped Pool (which I love dearly).   

AMSP was a bit too acoustic if you ask me. I'd be happy for Thom to never touch an acoustic guitar ever again.

I disagree.  The band has been all over the place.  An acoustic album would be a perfect final 10 LP.  Not just Thom but more acoustic.  I think this is what will happen.  

Keep in mind this LP will come after a Kid Amnesiac re-issue.  They are more likely to go to the opposite.  We know these guys but then we don't!   They could go full rock but I doubt it at their age.  Acoustic is more likely especially with the songs left.  

Posted (edited)

Finally Beryl will get her Follow Me Around for the very old fans! 

edit: the MPIE version was perfect with the full guitar sound.  

Edited by booger bear

18 hours ago, booger bear said:

Keep in mind this LP will come after a Kid Amnesiac re-issue.   

Yes, there would be, from our perspective, potentially a lot of room then for new projects!

( It sort of seems like these two albums are the complicated archival projects until In Rainbows, which if it is to be 2027, a while from now, although that is honestly on the horizon compared to earlier years! 

Ed has discussed last year, a bit abstractly, that basically the Hail to the thief era may not have as much archival material.)

I think what helps with the idea of making new music is that at this point they must have more of a sense than ever that people who appreciate their creativity also tend to have no expectations! 

Posted (edited)

So we are starting the "THIS IT IT!" rumors before they even start making the album this time eh? It's almost like people want radiohead to quit. I don't think they will ever "break up" or whatever until one of them croaks. Though we will clearly have to wait quite a while between releases.

Edited by Black Jesus

On 3/4/2019 at 11:16 PM, booger bear said:

The band has been all over the place.  

I like that they're all over the place.  

On 3/7/2019 at 5:04 AM, Black Jesus said:

So we are starting the "THIS IT IT!" rumors before they even start making the album this time eh? It's almost like people want radiohead to quit. I don't think they will ever "break up" or whatever until one of them croaks. Though we will clearly have to wait quite a while between releases.

Fans love to imagine that the most recent Radiohead album will be the last because it makes the moment feel dramatic and romantic and urgent. They've been doing it since In Rainbows came out.

• Like 1