Eliminator

RADIOHEAD LP10

9 hours ago, duaessences as clay become said:

I am glad that they are still going!  John who used to play with them has made so many albums this century, that you may not even know about, some of which I think you would love; there is a lot of musical energy similar to Radiohead!! 

Yes! John frusciante (sp?) is by far the best thing to ever come from rhcp. “Shadows collide with people” is an absolute classic album. His work is basically rhcp without the ego of Anthony keidis, so good.

• Like 1

I am not sure in which thread this will necessarily belong! 

nigel godrich @nigelgod
9h9 hours ago

An aside - I’m just reading the Wikipedia page for KID A. Everything it says about the recording is wrong. But said with such authority! Wikipedia really is one of the worst things about the modern age. Misinformation presented as fact. Very 2018... yawn.

That is very exciting!!

Perhaps listening to the album may not change simply from Nigel indicating here that there really is not as much accurate information about the recording methods and processes as it might seem, but, perhaps it would; I mean, the idea of it being an album about which close to nothing is actually known about how it was recorded, that does really transform the idea of the album!

The sense that there is actually a lot that is unknown about KID A is something other than an eventual possible complete project, that has now already happened, and would bring something good to the days of many people who are fond of the album, even those that are not even fans of Radiohead! 

What he fails to mention is which information is inaccurate (just saying "all of it" doesn't sound right) and then he says that the sources are unreliable when a majority of the sources on the article are literally interviews with band members. Nigel doesn't really have a reason to put out hostility like that when the page is made up of quotes about stuff he and the band have provided.

If he's implying that the quotes are inaccurate, that's a pretty hefty claim and he needs to tweet about specifics rather than just taking out some morning anger on a site of people conglomerating information usually for the best of their respective communities with very little to no malicious intent behind it.

In the current political world we live in, saying Wikipedia is one of the "worst things about the modern age" is about as ignorant and ridiculous a statement one could ever muster.

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 3

Fucking loled at Nigel's meltdown. The page is sourced entirely to quotes from him and the band (and good sources too, BBC, Rolling Stone etc, not fan sites).

Edited by Duff
  • Like 1

Someone has responded to the tweet with this:

“They burst into giggles” upon hearing the ‘How to Disappear’ string arrangement????? Come on. This is terrible. 

Nigel Godrich, New York Times, 9 March 2012:

"They all just sort of burst into giggles, because they couldn’t do what he’d written, because it was impossible — or impossible for them, anyway."

Edited by Duff
  • Like 1

Uh, why does Nigel even claim to know so much about the songs that HE DIDN’T WRITE made by a band HE’S NOT IN?

and clapping back at Wikipedia, really?! How old is he? 16?

Edited by nkased
  • Like 1

Nigel and Ed, with some input from Thom needs to put out a fucking book on their recording sessions. While we still have them. It’s almost criminal that we don’t have more information on how these albums were created.

I get it, in 1997-2001 there wasn’t the space for material like this, they weren’t into it mentally and maybe who would have cared. But in 2018, having an insider view into what happened, when, how and stories behind the progress both good and bad would be something to help document  how they created some of the best albums ever. Their creative process from 1997 till 2000, and even the last couple of albums where we had almost no press. 

Colin would be the man to write a book about Radiohead. He has a degree in literature from Cambridge and writes book reviews for newspapers.

That said, the lack of hyphenation in "A Moon Shaped Pool" hints at a generally low standard of literacy in the Radiohead camp. And I still have nightmares over Jonny's use of semicolons in the blog post announcing In Rainbows.

Edited by Duff

Pretty sure he is implying that they are thinking about doing Kid Amnesiac Special Edition.  If so, my hunger knows no bounds and I salivate through my teeth.  

8 hours ago, booger bear said:

Pretty sure he is implying that they are thinking about doing Kid Amnesiac Special Edition.  If so, my hunger knows no bounds and I salivate through my teeth.  

That is what I was thinking when I read the tweet...Why else would he be looking up KID A on wikipedia? Sounds like he wants to "set the record straight."

17 hours ago, Robjonas said:

I get it, in 1997-2001 there wasn’t the space for material like this, they weren’t into it mentally and maybe who would have cared. But in 2018, having an insider view into what happened, when, how and stories behind the progress both good and bad would be something to help document  how they created some of the best albums ever. Their creative process from 1997 till 2000, and even the last couple of albums where we had almost no press. 

Yeah, this could be like the best music book ever

3 hours ago, Plank said:

That is what I was thinking when I read the tweet...Why else would he be looking up KID A on wikipedia? Sounds like he wants to "set the record straight."

Wait a second are you the real Plank or just fucking with us?  I mean if you are just fucking with us I hope you know how sad that is

Edited by booger bear

35 minutes ago, Plank said:

What's booger bear's problem? And what is an annex cuck?

When this board was recreated a few months ago it had a bit of a rough albeit eventually harmless start with many members of a message board that grew out of the original ateaseweb board using the names of former board members!

Booger bear thinks that you might be impersonating Radiohead's guitar tech, but you may actually have chosen the name as a tribute to his nickname, or may even be named after the wood plank from Ed, Edd and Eddy.  B-bear is a busy man, an EMT, and simultaneously loves Radiohead, which means he is in his spare time, trying to keep this board in good working order out of a mix of passion and knowhow! 

It was just quite crazy for the original board to be lost early this year, and somehow, to have returned, but with a sense of ambiguity of "who is who?" that did not used to exist.He does not mean you any harm. 

• Like 1

Well now I’m just expecting someone with the handle blackswan to show up and start being a little bitch...

3 minutes ago, TRUE LOVE said:

Hi.  Nice to be back.

TL!!!! Please tell me it’s really you. Quick, say something about trump....

Hi!   It is me.  Was on the annex. Made a few posts.  Went away.  Just discovered atease is back. Woohoo!  Will sort out my avatar later.

Edited by TRUE LOVE

@myth @heir_bagger @booger bear I Know this is off topic but just wanted to say thanks for the mod nominations for live and main. (topic is closed) I could not have done it anyway as I just would not have had enough time to commit to it. But I am flattered. All the best!