Sign in to follow this  
appearcomposed

do u guys like radiohead

i'm on a weezer forum and they all hate weezer (i also hate weezer. that's why i'm there)

is it like that. do you all hate everything the band does and most of the music too? i notice a lot of hardcore fans are like that for bands.

discuss

39 minutes ago, booger bear said:

Weezer has two good albums but they are so fucking terrible now.  

Blue and Pinkerton are two of the greatest albums ever made. Green is pretty great in my opinion, but EWBAITE and The White Album are two recent ones that are really good.

White is their best work since 1996... such a great album. It's very classic Weezer at times, but the best part are the songs that are more adventurous while still being an amazing song.

Weezer's fall from grace is such a critical part of their legacy now that if they ever released another genuinely great album it would retroactively damage Pinkerton.

That's why all the fans hate Weezer. It's the only way to love the good stuff.

Weezer did a bloody great punk rock cover of the Benny Hill theme.

Actually, they didn't, but they should.

I like their first album a lot.

I remember seeing Weezer playing small clubs. Than after Pinkerton they sucked and never thought about them again. 

Posted (edited)

Weezer and Foo Fighters was a great show. Weezer played Big Me too.

Edited by OK_IN_OZ
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Duff said:

Weezer's fall from grace is such a critical part of their legacy now that if they ever released another genuinely great album it would retroactively damage Pinkerton.

They did release another genuinely great album. It's called The White Album. Check it out.

Edited by appearcomposed

Blue and Pinkerton were such formative albums for me. Anything after that lost me though.

That being said, I don't hate Radiohead.

19 hours ago, appearcomposed said:

They did release another genuinely great album.

No they didn't.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Yes Blue and Pinkerton were awesome but I also quite liked Maladroit. The Red album had some worthwhile moments as well. But mostly it’s all just drivel after 1996. Never cared much for Green. Loathed “Make Believe,” “Ratitude,” “Hurley,” and haven’t even listened to the new ones beyond the singles on the radio. 

Edited by Cmontheplane

11 minutes ago, rubber-man said:

ok, i'll admit it, i can't wait to 3D print a copy of kid a in dildo form so I can fuck my butt with it

Hello someone from the Annex.  

Watching Weezer play the entirety of Pinkerton and cover Paranoid Android in Tokyo was one of the oddest experiences of my life.

• Like 1

If you weren't joking then you should really listen to their first two albums because they are some of the best music released in the 90's.  Everything else is not worth your time.  If you have not listened to the Blue Album and Pinkerton, then you are in for a huge treat.  I'm jealous.  

• Like 1

Songs From the Black Hole (what we have of it) is great too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, rubber-man said:

more like tweezer because i'd rather pick my nose hairs than listen to that sexist filth

Regardless of the sincerity of this post, Pinkerton doesn't invite you to like its sexist, selfish, halfwitted Rivers Cuomo narrator. When he screams "auuggghhhhh!" on "Tired of Sex" you're not supposed to think "wow, sounds like this guy's having an awesome time, wish I could be as cool as him". The modern woke takedown of Pinkerton that's been going round misses the point entirely.

Edited by Duff

rivers is actually like that though and said he married an asian woman because he thinks they're more submissive or some shit

8 minutes ago, rubber-man said:

rivers is actually like that though and said he married an asian woman because he thinks they're more submissive or some shit

Putting aside the fact that he almost certainly never said anything like that, yes, Rivers Cuomo is clearly a man of peculiar inclinations to say the least. But that doesn't mean you have to like him or like the psuedo-Rivers portrayed in Pinkerton.

Like, the guy he's describing in Across the Sea is not someone to be admired, regardless of how close it is to the truth. That's not the value of the song.