pleasekeepmoving

Controversial opinions thread

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Duff said:

Turns out the answer is yes. Here's the live debut (and rather good it is too): 

Too bad they didn't find that sooner and get it in the studio.  It adds so much more life to the song.  That said, I really wish they'd stop playing this one live so fucking much!

Edited by MarkGrace

... as we speek of httt. does anyone has the vinyl master as a download link? really want to see if it‘s that mich better than the standart one. 

On 8/7/2018 at 2:18 PM, Mr. Bildung said:

... as we speek of httt. does anyone has the vinyl master as a download link? really want to see if it‘s that mich better than the standart one. 

Ditto

I have the leaked different mixed version of HTTT up for some friends now.  If you want that let me know.  After I can do the vinyl.  You will have to PM for either.  

• Thanks 1

It's a shame the early version of HTTT never surfaced in lossless quality. It had its charms.

The same mix of "I Will" from it was released officially though. I can't remember where, I think it was an Australia single/b-side thing. My memory is foggy (again).

Posted (edited)

it was released by mistake where the LA version was supposed to appear. I'm sure this happened on some CDs that were later recalled... I probably have one, haven't checked in ages. it also happened on a few digital releases still handled under EMI/parlophone before the switch to XL

Edited by italo
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 2:21 AM, devilhood said:

It's a shame the early version of HTTT never surfaced in lossless quality. It had its charms.

The same mix of "I Will" from it was released officially though. I can't remember where, I think it was an Australia single/b-side thing. My memory is foggy (again).

I'm fairly certain I have a lossless version of it that I got on The Hub a few years ago. I'm not entirely sure if it's 100% lossless but it definitely isn't the usual 128kbps MP3 one that can be readily found.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, italo said:

it was released by mistake where the LA version was supposed to appear. I'm sure this happened on some CDs that were later recalled... I probably have one, haven't checked in ages. it also happened on a few digital releases still handled under EMI/parlophone before the switch to XL

59 minutes ago, Cmontheplane said:

I'm fairly certain I have a lossless version of it that I got on The Hub a few years ago. I'm not entirely sure if it's 100% lossless but it definitely isn't the usual 128kbps MP3 one that can be readily found.

Check and let us know! I have 192kbps FhG MP3 rips of it. You can find the lossless version of the extended I Will on "17 Demos and Alternate Versions" from a compilation called "Radiohead - Every Last Crumb". It was posted on mortigitempo. It has some real gems on it including an absolutely brilliant Thom & Jonny acoustic of My Iron Lung.

Assuming most of the unreleased live songs are included on the album, and Thom doesn't ruin them in the studio, LP3 is shaping up to be by far and away the best Thom Yorke solo project.

On 8/8/2018 at 2:41 PM, Twist said:

That HTTT-era loose white shirt really was Thom's best look

I always thought he looked the coolest on the Jools Holland 2001 performance, he's not really styled though. Tight fitting I guess? I'm kinda weird like that but I prefer it when artists are wearing something casual so it isn't taking away from their body language and energy.

On 8/12/2018 at 8:31 PM, italo said:

Here: https://www.discogs.com/Radiohead-Hail-To-The-Thief/release/2806813