bluebird

2018 North America Tour

4 hours ago, bluebird said:

Maybe we should ask Ade to delete this thread.  

I already have on fb.

@adriaan would be much appreciated!

2 hours ago, devilhood said:

I already have on fb.

@adriaan would be much appreciated!

Why don't you just continue to edit your posts/content until you have disappeared...completely?

39 minutes ago, 2+2=Dime said:

Why don't you just continue to edit your posts/content until you have disappeared...completely?

Why don't you just stop posting? You have literally contributed nothing constructive and ended up destroying this thread with your petulant attitude.

6 hours ago, inez4bears said:

I knew one just like that. And he got desperate and wouldn't stop talking.. and talking.. and talking.... lol eventually everyone got tired and left.

I knew a couple of tapers. And they wouldn't stop harassing, and harassing, and harassing. Congratz! You guys certainly got your kicks.

1 hour ago, 2+2=Dime said:

Funny that, it's my favourite Radiohead song :classic_laugh:

On 8/11/2018 at 3:11 PM, inez4bears said:

You know what's fascinating about this 'new' place? All that slow and painful growth that happened over the past 10 years - all erased in a crash and we witness a complete reversal to infancy. it does sound shockingly 2006

There is a silver lining to it that it brings an even higher appreciation of how far everything has come since 2006 (This weird repeat/echo of Eutectic or whatever remastering a concert in 2003 is just what it is);

Radiohead has just completed a multi year tour that has been filled beginning to end with some of their best concerts and performances as a group (including the addition of Clive which in 2006 if someone told us would seem like the craziest dream situation!).  And so many of these concerts resulted in deeply incredible tapes; I am thinking back even to the beginning in 2016 when even the small venue tapes were made immaculate by you and your team!

Not only that, Radiohead themselves have started to fill in the potential gaps in the overall collection by providing full audiovisual archives of many festival concerts, and seemingly will continue by adding some of this year's concerts at some point to the radiohead tv page!

I guess we can also add into this, that the OKNOTOK release provided many recordings that had never even been conceived of to have existed; and the Kid A/Amnesiac expanded special album is in the very near future! 

The overall situation at this point is really amazing!

• Like 2

The potential of a Kid/Amnesiac OKNOTOK SE has me salivating through my teeth.  Nigel said that they have hours of tape from those sessions.  I want to hear the original I Will and the jazzy Optimistic.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, booger bear said:

The potential of a Kid/Amnesiac OKNOTOK SE has me salivating through my teeth.  Nigel said that they have hours of tape from those sessions.  I want to hear the original I Will and the jazzy Optimistic.  

Radiohead Anthology is in our midst. Except I don't want to make it sound like they're getting too old, so I wonder if we'll all be dead before something like that hits us on Apple Spotify or whatever the hell it will release on.

Not only do they have hours of tapes of sessions but there is also the unused footage and audio from the Grant Gee MPIE movie. So much was teased, and he spent a great deal of time with them throughout the tour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duaessences as clay become said:

There is a silver lining to it that it brings an even higher appreciation of how far everything has come since 2006 (This weird repeat/echo of Eutectic or whatever remastering a concert in 2003 is just what it is);

Radiohead has just completed a multi year tour that has been filled beginning to end with some of their best concerts and performances as a group (including the addition of Clive which in 2006 if someone told us would seem like the craziest dream situation!).  And so many of these concerts resulted in deeply incredible tapes; I am thinking back even to the beginning in 2016 when even the small venue tapes were made immaculate by you and your team!

Not only that, Radiohead themselves have started to fill in the potential gaps in the overall collection by providing full audiovisual archives of many festival concerts, and seemingly will continue by adding some of this year's concerts at some point to the radiohead tv page!

I guess we can also add into this, that the OKNOTOK release provided many recordings that had never even been conceived of to have existed; and the Kid A/Amnesiac expanded special album is in the very near future! 

The overall situation at this point is really amazing!

That's a truly wonderful and realistic view.

I discovered Radiohead last year and it is thanks to a fellow atease member. I've been listening to Atoms for Peace more recently and really wish they would tour too. I've learned a lot in a small time.

This is atease and I think I know what that means, but I am finding it difficult not to be shocked by the incessant attitude taken by the very community members who are able provide these tapes. Okay I get that this was a special case between 1 or 2 people and not everyone is the same.

Firstly I'm not a taper and have never taped anything, but I do not see the moral high ground taken as a valid excuse for this behavior. This is a bad example maybe, but I've taken photographs of bands and artists before. I'm not a professional and I couldn't give two poops if someone decided to use the Content Awareness tool on Photoshop to give Thom an extra arm and a leg. I know other amateurs who would maybe sigh and shrug it off, but the only people who would get THIS annoyed are the professionals making money from it.

In the end there was nothing to gain and it lost purpose. It was almost like witnessing a westboro baptist church exposé, both mildly terrifyingly, hilariously melodramatic and most of what was said seemed unjustifiably blind sighted and vicious. Even more so by the fact that the person didn't know the full story, wasn't personally involved but instead chose to be.

People who find the smallest excuse to vent and flame on a forum are either totally apathetic, far too absorbed and used to the anonymity, or they are bored and need to find better ways to spend their time. It displayed a rotten side to the community which was very off putting for me.

I'm not really a forum goer I guess...... And I'm a slow typer. For the most part, I'm going to stick to reddit. There's less naivety and this kind of diarrhea never goes on there.

1 hour ago, devilhood said:

Radiohead Anthology is in our midst. Except I don't want to make it sound like they're getting too old, so I wonder if we'll all be dead before something like that hits us on Apple Spotify or whatever the hell it will release on.

Not only do they have hours of tapes of sessions but there is also the unused footage and audio from the Grant Gee MPIE movie. So much was teased, and he spent a great deal of time with them throughout the tour.

Image result for my body is ready gif

• Haha 1

Here's what I think:

I discovered Radiohead last year and it is thanks to a fellow atease member. I've been listening to Atoms for Peace more recently and really wish they would tour too. I've learned a lot in a small time.

This is atease and I think I know what that means, but I am finding it difficult not to be shocked by the incessant attitude taken by the very community members who are able provide these tapes. Okay I get that this was a special case between 1 or 2 people and not everyone is the same.

Firstly I'm not a taper and have never taped anything, but I do not see the moral high ground taken as a valid excuse for this behavior. This is a bad example maybe, but I've taken photographs of bands and artists before. I'm not a professional and I couldn't give two poops if someone decided to use the Content Awareness tool on Photoshop to give Thom an extra arm and a leg. I know other amateurs who would maybe sigh and shrug it off, but the only people who would get THIS annoyed are the professionals making money from it.

In the end there was nothing to gain and it lost purpose. It was almost like witnessing a westboro baptist church exposé, both mildly terrifyingly, hilariously melodramatic and most of what was said seemed unjustifiably blind sighted and vicious. Even more so by the fact that the person didn't know the full story, wasn't personally involved but instead chose to be.

People who find the smallest excuse to vent and flame on a forum are either totally apathetic, far too absorbed and used to the anonymity, or they are bored and need to find better ways to spend their time. It displayed a rotten side to the community which was very off putting for me.

I'm not really a forum goer I guess...... And I'm a slow typer. For the most part, I'm going to stick to reddit. There's less naivety and this kind of diarrhea never goes on there.

• Like 3

oknotok didn't even have that much unreleased stuff. the three that were there were already known to us and we had heard them live before. i guess the cassette was pretty cool with a bunch of stuff on it, but the oknotok album itself was pretty bare bones. i can only hope they step it up for a kid a reissue

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, appearcomposed said:

oknotok didn't even have that much unreleased stuff. the three that were there were already known to us and we had heard them live before. i guess the cassette was pretty cool with a bunch of stuff on it, but the oknotok album itself was pretty bare bones. i can only hope they step it up for a kid a reissue

The tape was a total treat. It was also the first time Radiohead gave us a very real and personal insight into the song templates. Ed has said on numerous times how joyous it is for the band to listen to those 4-track ditties by Thom, then the sublime process for a band arrangement and song deconstruction starts. Stuff from the tape like "Attention" and "Are You Someone?" could have been a b-side, but given how he's such a prolific writer, it's not surprising that some were left but not forgotten. Simply beautiful, and I can't wait for more.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Ok. Next question...which are the better recordings to download?

Edited by 2+2=Dime

1 hour ago, 2+2=Dime said:

Back on track with this...who’s got some 2018 NA TOUR tapes to drop?

i do, but i asked my friend to remaster them first. i hope that's ok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, 2+2=Dime said:

Back on track with this...who’s got some 2018 NA TOUR tapes to drop?

I have the (heavily worked on) Zoom H1 audio from my Pittsburgh video, and also audio from the Columbus show on 7/23. I'll post them here once they're tracked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mistakesmistaken said:

...um...is it ok to post in here? 

Here's my video of the Pittsburgh show on 7/26/18, enjoy! ?

thank you!!! can you seed the video somewhere as well? so great!

3 minutes ago, inez4bears said:

thank you!!! can you seed the video somewhere as well? so great!

Sure! I'm watching it on YouTube on my 4K TV now, and damn I have a few synching issues that dissolve when the song's over. And damn, YouTube can't compress red video well at all. I may need help with seeding!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mistakesmistaken said:

Sure! I'm watching it on YouTube on my 4K TV now, and damn I have a few synching issues that dissolve when the song's over. And damn, YouTube can't compress red video well at all. I may need help with seeding!

I don't think you'll have trouble getting help seeding! Thanks for recording. I was at both of those shows. I'm happy to help in any way with distribution.

Thanks to Ade, we can now edit our posts whenver we want to, therefore I'll add new recordings to the first post of this thread! ?