bluebird

2018 North America Tour

Just now, 2+2=Dime said:

Three separate posts to articulate yourself...its a new AE record!

?

Yeah well. Just making sure I'm not giving you another excuse to bite my ear off...

Also, three comments to articulate is better than no comments. Thank you very much Captain Obvious... I on the other hand have had the pleasure of reading responses like "Zing!" and "This thread has potential".

BRB need to bleach my eyes.

[Two Radiohead fans are sitting on a bench in the park, Time: 6:30 AM] (Yes I'm aware of how unlikely this sounds)

There's a huge magnetic storm and a catastrophic solar flare so bad that it wipes out all digital and analog recording devices across the world.

The camera pans away from a stunning shot of the sun in the horizon.

"I'm sorry man, I really love Radiohead too. I'm so sorry."

• Like 1

Doesn't sound like there's any malicious here by doing the remaster and then posting. However, it's REALLY bad form to do it without the permission from the taper. There can be mitigating circumstances, especially if its an old recording and taper is inaccessible, but that doesn't apply here. 

Some folks think they're god's gift to audio post production, armed with an EQ and multiband compressor. We all have to start somewhere, but I'd recommend taking things slow and learning the craft before posting stuff. Or else you end up creating masterpieces like this:

_62447895_frescopic.gif

At the very least, ask Jesus for permission first before you decide to "restore" his picture.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, hoserama said:

Doesn't sound like there's any malicious here by doing the remaster and then posting. However, it's REALLY bad form to do it without the permission from the taper. There can be mitigating circumstances, especially if its an old recording and taper is inaccessible, but that doesn't apply here. 

Some folks think they're god's gift to audio post production, armed with an EQ and multiband compressor. We all have to start somewhere, but I'd recommend taking things slow and learning the craft before posting stuff. Or else you end up creating masterpieces like this:

_62447895_frescopic.gif

At the very least, ask Jesus for permission first before you decide to "restore" his picture.

In the case of Jesus Christ, I think asking him for forgiveness is the way to do it.

It is bad form, and sometimes people make mistakes. I'm glad it was sorted out privately, but I was hoping for reconciliation and a chance to revisit the work with the "right" intent and support from the taper. That is not something I wanted to discuss the details of publicly either.

Also, something else that is bad form, is thinking you're above everybody else, going on a tirade and insulting someone's craft just because they failed to do one thing. That's something you do not do. I would never dream of belittling someone for reasons like that, especially when it can be solved with a simple conversation. Being part of a community doesn't mean acting like you're in a wolf pack.

Edited by devilhood
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hoserama said:

Jesus forgives. Tapers don't. ?

That should be the strapline at Dime.

There is a difference between forgiveness and showing maturity.

Edited by devilhood

2 minutes ago, hoserama said:

Defensive much? Still?

Of course I'm defensive. I'm not a chump and if someone needs to be put in their place then I'll do it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hoserama said:

Defensive much? Still?

You know what's fascinating about this 'new' place? All that slow and painful growth that happened over the past 10 years - all erased in a crash and we witness a complete reversal to infancy. it does sound shockingly 2006 ? I'm wondering if it catches up quickly or all meaningful contributors and users who actually inhabited Multimedia thread by the end of old atease just quit and this effort here will drown in its own shit. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, inez4bears said:

You know what's fascinating about this 'new' place? All that slow and painful growth that happened over the past 10 years - all erased in a crash and we witness a complete reversal to infancy. it does sound shockingly 2006 ? I'm wondering if it catches up quickly or all meaningful contributors and users who actually inhabited Multimedia thread by the end of old atease just quit and this effort here will drown in its own shit. 

The reversal to infancy you mentioned was instigated by anger, and that anger was perpetrated by a single individual. Lessons have been learned, and so I don't personally view this experience as a reversal to infancy, because there is nothing hopeless about it. I'll stick to my guns but will stay optimistic as always.

Edited by devilhood
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, inez4bears said:

Way to put a bleak spin on things...

Remasters aren't everybody's cup of tea, that much is obvious, but maybe some of you are forgetting: "Follow Me Around", the fact that it had its very own page on atease back in the day. "Videotape circa 2006", "Present Tense" and the amazing "Big Boots" cover, spawned off several attempts to sync the audio from MPIE.

That is over 10 years of dedication to the community, so this isn't some Joe Shmoe. If you want to jump down his throat and give him an internet lobotomy, then whatever floats your boat man, but if you're going to talk about respect..

I've also downloaded his Roskilde Festival remaster which does an incredible job to correct the pitch, timing and issues with the tape. Subjective listening in that case? Less-so because the improvements are very obvious. After reading the message accompanying the Chicago remaster torrent, it's pretty clear that it is an emotional investment. We all get a little emotional sometimes.

Nothing is going to "drown in its own shit", unless that is what you want.

what on earth

?

one thing is for sure... these "taper" fucks are about on the same level as audio/pedophiles and foreign independent cinema too!

my god!

(is an AWESOME god!) 

?

16 minutes ago, bluebird said:

Maybe we should ask Ade to delete this thread.  

right - little content lots of trolling. Good (very) old days.

I knew one just like that. And he got desperate and wouldn't stop talking.. and talking.. and talking.... lol eventually everyone got tired and left.

• Haha 4