bluebird

2018 North America Tour

6 hours ago, devilhood said:

Oh looky, it's inez! ?

Tapeworm got in touch with me, which is nice. He basically reiterated all the same stuff that you already told me, but hey it's nice that he decided to say something.

Did you pass on my message? I sent him deets and a link. Does he check his messages often?

Thank you.

hey there. Yeah, I passed on to to the taper your messages. In fact the whole conversation. We agreed that leaving that matter alone would be the most reasonable course of action on your part. At which point, I will excuse myself from any further discussion of this 'personal become public' 'remaster'.

Let me re-iterate one more time: there are several tapes in the pipeline, that are very much being looked forward to, as they should ;) - and dragging this simple matter out does nothing to accelerate their release. 

1 hour ago, inez4bears said:

hey there. Yeah, I passed on to to the taper your messages. In fact the whole conversation. We agreed that leaving that matter alone would be the most reasonable course of action on your part. At which point, I will excuse myself from any further discussion of this 'personal become public' 'remaster'.

Let me re-iterate one more time: there are several tapes in the pipeline, that are very much being looked forward to, as they should ? - and dragging this simple matter out does nothing to accelerate their release. 

I dealt with it swiftly on Dime, and *nothing* has been dragged out. I have also tried my very best to be respectful after my presumptuous. I will excuse myself from this debacle then, because I certainly wouldn't want any highly anticipated releases being slowed as a result of needing to reply to a bunch of messages.

Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2018 at 10:21 AM, 2+2=Dime said:

Posting here about it is in fact dragging it out. Needlessly taboot. 

I'm just trying to establish healthy dialogue. I wasn't sure if the potential to remaster, or rework it further was off the books, so I was trying to establish that before deciding to drop it.

That's fair enough, right?

Edited by devilhood

1 hour ago, devilhood said:

I'm just trying to establish healthy dialogue. I never got a final word about anything, so I was trying to establish that before deciding to drop it.

That's fair enough, right?

"Trying to establish healthy dialogue" probably shouldn't include patronizing/condescending emoji.

If that is how you've "tried your best to be respectful" - you have failed.

Obvious troll is obvious. Thanks for excusing yourself.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, 2+2=Dime said:

"Trying to establish healthy dialogue" probably shouldn't include patronizing/condescending emoji.

If that is how you've "tried your best to be respectful" - you have failed.

Let me get this straight, you're taking offence to an innocuous emoji even though it wasn't directed at you? Are you inez's internet lover or something?

You did not partake in the discussions between myself and inez so have absolutely zero understanding of the backstory.

I know sarcasm doesn't often translate very well without being able to hear a person, but since when has light hearted fun ever been picked apart on the atease board...

Oh wait :classic_laugh:

Edited by devilhood
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Anyways, let's keep this on-topic. I'm "excused", as you put it. All I care about is celebrating Radiohead's 2018 tour, and it was absolutely fantastic. I feel lucky that I had the privilege of being able to see them three times in one year, and blessed by those who spend the money on good recording equipment and take the time to record and liberate the audio.

Edited by devilhood
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, devilhood said:

Anyways, let's keep this on-topic. I'm "excused", as you put it. All I care about is celebrating Radiohead's 2018 tour, and it was absolutely fantastic. I feel lucky that I had the privilege of being able to see them three times in one year, and blessed by those who spend the money on good recording equipment and take the time to record and liberate the audio.

Thank you @inez4bears for the audio, and also thank you @devilhood for your contributions. I'm still waiting for your OKNOTOK tape TLW mash up with Thom singing on it, so you better finish it in time for Christmas.

We're not hear to squabble, we're hear to take pills and listen to Radiohead. Oh, my pills? they're all placebos. I'm not a real Doctor.

On 8/4/2018 at 1:56 PM, inez4bears said:

you may wanna switch to Eiskalt++ - I did a few years ago and am quite happy with it.

Oh neat, it's cross-compatible. I use AirDC++ on my Windows machine and have been comfortable with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devilhood said:

You did not partake in the discussions between myself and inez so have absolutely zero understanding of the backstory.

I did not partake - but in a way,  I initiated them. I was among the first to see your offending post offering the basstardization of TW's recording.

I have been privy to the discussions. I have also been the taper whose works get fuckered with. I have far more understanding about this topic (and this/your instance) than you realize.

Furthermore, every time this band tours, someone (read: this time its you) surfaces and "remasters" someone else's recording. Typically poorly (again: this time, its you). You're just the latest in an extended timeline of donkeys. Eutectic, PyramidBell, Rich Steele, etc.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, 2+2=Dime said:

I did not partake - but in a way,  I initiated them. I was among the first to see your offending post offering the basstardization of TW's recording.

I have been privy to the discussions. I have also been the taper whose works get fuckered with. I have far more understanding about this topic (and this/your instance) than you realize.

Furthermore, every time this band tours, someone (read: this time its you) surfaces and "remasters" someone else's recording. Typically poorly (again: this time, its you). You're just the latest in an extended timeline of donkeys. Eutectic, PyramidBell, Rich Steele, etc.

I don't really want to be the person who you vent your built up anger towards, nor do I understand why you were so triggered. I took a great deal of time and patience to apologise, explain my motives and to also try and work it out. Maybe invest in a punching bag instead of getting so worked up about shit you can't control?

I'm not trying to put you on the plank (but you seem to be okay with doing that to me). Do you even understand the remastering process? I've been doing this for "donkeys" years, and have two degrees to boot. I work contractually in the creative industry and have an experienced grasp on how to engineer audio, not that I feel the need to defend the skills I have worked hard on over time. Subjectively, you didn't like my remaster. Do I care? No, because it's like comparing soup flavours. I DO care what the taper and Inez thinks, though.

Edited by devilhood

Posted (edited)

@2+2=Dime Oh wait, you're that floydee guy?

Way to go with your negative, exacerbating and ousting attitude. The elitism is literally oozing out of every orifice. I have been a valid, dedicated contributing member of this community for a long time and all you showed me was your intent to vilify. Not cool man. This isn't some kind of fucking witch hunt.

If you want to set an example, YOU'RE failing. Take it elsewhere.

Edited by devilhood

2 hours ago, 2+2=Dime said:

Normally excusing yourself means you're leaving.

• Haha 1

Just now, 2+2=Dime said:

Normally excusing yourself means you're leaving.

I can at least attest to the fact that I'm not a butt-hurt antagonist.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, 2+2=Dime said:

Troll on.

Was totally willing to drop it, but apparently you are unable to do the same. Pity that ?

Do you want me to quote you?

I mean, I tried to end it on a good note but you replied with venom.

Edited by devilhood

1 minute ago, Foiegrastyle said:

ok guys, post the penises and be done with it.  @Radiohead333 is willing to judge

Oh, I already sent him a picture of my penis privately. That was probably the issue. You mean, I'm supposed to post it publicly here?

6 minutes ago, devilhood said:

Was totally willing to drop it, but apparently you are unable to do the same. Pity that ?

Do you want me to quote you?

I mean, I tried to end it on a good note but you replied with venom.

Quote me. Knock yourself out.

You've not tried to end anything on any note. You yourself said you were "unable to get the last word". Christ, who actually says that?

Dick Steele claimed to have had multiple degrees, too. He also ruined quality pulls to "contribute to the community". Just. Like. You.

Your expertise sounds immense (who's the one oozing elitism?) and I'm sure you're Rick Rubin's top intern and all but really - such "help" is not needed here. Thxanyways!

@2+2=Dime You definitely need a sedative.

@inez4bears I love you guys, but this is weird?

The Devil Hood has been very receptive. I have to agree, that it seems to have evolved into the vilification of a contributing member, whose intentions are only good.

Let's stop this shit, now please.

1 minute ago, 2+2=Dime said:

Quote me. Knock yourself out.

You've not tried to end anything on any note. You yourself said you were "unable to get the last word". Christ, who actually says that?

Dick Steele claimed to have had multiple degrees, too. He also ruined quality pulls to "contribute to the community". Just. Like. You.

Your expertise sounds immense (who's the one oozing elitism?) and I'm sure you're Rick Rubin's top intern and all but really - such "help" is not needed here. Thxanyways!

Please, stop the spewage. You're not doing yourself any favors. All he is trying to do is defend a personal piece of work, but you've taken it a step further.

• Like 1

@2+2=Dime Okay, if you're going to misquote me, I'd like a little more creativity.

I never complained about being unable to get the last word, that's just pathetic. Let's give this a rest.