bluebird

2018 North America Tour

3 minutes ago, lurgee said:

Hi there. Has anyone seen recordings of MSG nights 3 or 4 and both philly nights?

Thanks!

All the New York shows are on dimeadozen.org torrents.  

10 minutes ago, lurgee said:

Hi there. Has anyone seen recordings of MSG nights 3 or 4 and both philly nights?

Thanks!

YES

• Haha 1

Thanks. I can't get access to dime and my ancient laptop will not tolerate torrents, which means the hub is out. If that means the shows won't be available, I suppose that's the reality. It shouldn't be the case, however. 

Are there plans to share Edgar's MSG 3 and 4? Totally cool if the answer is no. Just wondering. Thanks again to all the tapers and everyone who does great work capturing these shows!

1 hour ago, PackofSandwiches said:

Are there plans to share Edgar's MSG 3 and 4? Totally cool if the answer is no. Just wondering. Thanks again to all the tapers and everyone who does great work capturing these shows!

yes yes... takes time especially with the tour ongoing. And catching up with stuff immediately thereafter.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, inez4bears said:

yes yes... takes time especially with the tour ongoing. And catching up with stuff immediately thereafter.

awesome! no rush. 

On 7/31/2018 at 12:27 PM, duaessences as clay become said:

http://radiohub.wikidot.com/

The radiohub is where to go for all available old, recent and upcoming tapes!! 

I need to rejoin, i had used it from 2003-2005, and even back then it was basically like entering a library building and finding mostly Radiohead recordings!!  At that time, downloading a concert could take many hours, even multiple days.  I can only guess how it flows now with modern broadband..!!

I hope you have better luck than I just did! I used to be able to connect to hubs but I got a new laptop last year and now I'm SOL. Jucy won't run at all on this MacBook Air; I tried connecting to Radiohub this morning using Shakespeer and immediately got a "you're BANNED!" message (my crime: I "need a new nickname"). Oh dear -- off with my head!). So it's back to Dime for me, once the mods promote my new account up from the useless Guest level. Kind of a pain in the ass, but as someone who really only downloads/seeds when RH is on tour, I'm used to having my accounts nuked and having to start over from scratch every few years :classic_biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Damnesiac said:

I hope you have better luck than I just did! I used to be able to connect to hubs but I got a new laptop last year and now I'm SOL. Jucy won't run at all on this MacBook Air; I tried connecting to Radiohub this morning using Shakespeer and immediately got a "you're BANNED!" message (my crime: I "need a new nickname"). Oh dear -- off with my head!). So it's back to Dime for me, once the mods promote my new account up from the useless Guest level. Kind of a pain in the ass, but as someone who really only downloads/seeds when RH is on tour, I'm used to having my accounts nuked and having to start over from scratch every few years :classic_biggrin:

you may wanna switch to Eiskalt++ - I did a few years ago and am quite happy with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, inez4bears said:

you may wanna switch to Eiskalt++ - I did a few years ago and am quite happy with it.

Thanks Inez, I'll check it out.

Just now, Damnesiac said:

Thanks Inez, I'll check it out.

there was a bit of a connectivity issue of the most recent versions not connecting well to users with earlier versions - I am not sure if that was solidified - but you may want to grab the one that not the MOST recent just in case... there a bunch apparently: https://sourceforge.net/projects/eiskaltdcpp/files/Mac OS X/

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pleasekeepmoving said:

Second using Eiskalt, it's a super intuitive and easy-to-use system and perhaps the one that works best on Mac.

And yet for some reason, when I go to set my share folder, all I see is a list of folders/subfolders labeled with just dates... so this will take some more detective work at some point ?

I'm perfectly happy using Dime tho; as usual, my upgrade request was responded to within 12 hours, so I'm back in business there.

2 hours ago, Damnesiac said:

And yet for some reason, when I go to set my share folder, all I see is a list of folders/subfolders labeled with just dates... so this will take some more detective work at some point ?

I'm perfectly happy using Dime tho; as usual, my upgrade request was responded to within 12 hours, so I'm back in business there.

those folders/subfolders open, you know....

4 minutes ago, inez4bears said:

those folders/subfolders open, you know....

Yup, and nothing inside but more dates. It seems to be using last updated date in place of folder/filename...? Not sure WTH is up with that, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I jumped on a v. popular Jeff Beck show that just happened to hit Dime right when I logged on, so my ratio is ready for some RH shows :classic_biggrin:

BTW thanks for that latest one, @inez4bears

Madison Square Garden, Night 1
July 10th, 2018 (2018-07-10)
Taper: Edgar
Source: AT831 > SP Batt Box Rolloff @95 > Roland R07
Transfer: Micro SD card > MacBook Pro > Audacity (aside from pre and post show fades, only used for normalization + 4db boost and track marking)
Editing/audience noise removal: inez (Izotope Rx/Audacity)

Madison Square Garden, Night 2

July 11th, 2018 (2018-07-11)
Transfer: Micro SD card > MacBook Pro > Audacity (aside from pre and post show fades, only used for normalization + 4db boost and track marking)
Editing/tracking: inez (Izotope Rx/Audacity)

Madison Square Garden, Night 3
Friday July 13th, 2018 (2018-07-13)
Contrast clause: this recording is different from the one posted here - http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=626116 - different taper/gear/location -
Editing/tracking: inez (Izotope Rx/Audacity)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Cincinnati, U.S. Bank Arena
2018.07.25, U.S. Bank Arena
Zoom H1 - AT834 Cardoid Mics - WAV 24/48 - Tracksplitting & Fading w/ Audacity - FLAC.

Comment from the taper "The recording is really good. A- to my subjective ears, though there is a little bit of talking during a few quiet parts."

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 5:00 PM, inez4bears said:

it would be nice to kinda agree on a 'grace period' before torrented sets emerge as links - and that those that specify that tapers Do NOT want them circulating as links DO NOT get posted as such.

Oh looky, it's inez! ?

Tapeworm got in touch with me, which is nice. He basically reiterated all the same stuff that you already told me, but hey it's nice that he decided to say something.

Did you pass on my message? I sent him deets and a link. Does he check his messages often?

Thank you.