This Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread - Radiohead Edition

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course he's gay. You can hear how gay all his production is. He mics snares in the gayest way. Though I'm sure I remember someone here or on Reddit being scandalised at how young Nigel's girlf

thommino's pizza

I’d love to meet @italo

Posted Images

remember when they recorded identikit and ful stop (I think?) at jack whites studio back during the tkol tour, then said the session wasn't too great or worth releasing or somethin

I bet its ass loads better than amsp versions, like when ed was asked why minidisc lift wasn't on oknotok and he was like no we don't like that 1

Edited by baba booey
  • Like 1

I just listened to In/Rainbows for the first time in forever (possibly a year)

I cried twice (all I need and videotape, I started drumming the hidden syncopation on my table with a pen lmao)

I danced once 

Once. For. ALL OF IT.

I also love the backing vocals in the otherwise plodding House of Cards. "This Is Reverb", an in joke about everyone thinking it's crazy delay pedals!!

Best album. I bought one of those Megaboom 3 Bluetooth sticks and whopped the bass right up. Was delightful. The bass rumbled my dining table

You can chain two of these cylindrical soundboxes together so I'm getting myself another one. They're round, so, omnidirectional sound

Don't tell me in/rain_bows and Kida are not going to be schweet like this stoned as fuck

As fuck, ladies & gentlemen. (welcome together again / why don't you gather round / we'll see what the matter is)

... In Rainbows puts a smile in my face. From the Steely Dan knockoff opener to the thudddd of the drums of Videotape. I hope they never redo that end song for the new generation.
I can't stomach a song called Youtube

On 3/13/2019 at 11:02 PM, thatthere said:

Here's the article it's from.  

And here's a snippet.

March 6, 2019 11:07 pm

Radiohead member, father among those to testify at inquest into fatal 2012 stage collapse

By Erica Vella Digital Broadcast Journalist  Global News

An inquest into the death of Scott Johnson at a 2012 Radiohead concert is set to begin late this month, and an unnamed band member, as well as Johnson’s father, have agreed to testify in the proceedings.

Johnson, 33, was killed on June 16, 2012, when part of a massive stage structure crashed down just hours before Radiohead was due to perform at Downsview Park in north Toronto. Three others were injured.

The inquest will begin at 9 a.m. on Monday, March 25, 2019 at the Coroner’s Court and will include testimony from 25 witnesses. “They are going to speak about the facts, what took place, what happened in the days and weeks preceding the actual collapse,” said Prabhu Rajan, chief counsel with the Chief Coroner of Ontario.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH0ThOYrmKb/