hysterical.useless

This Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread - Radiohead Edition

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Fuzzyste said:

Thom playing an acoustic set in May at All Points East....usually he does these kind of shows when he has new songs to play?

2 hours ago, duaessences as clay become said:

Unlike his current Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes tour, where the Radiohead frontman is accompanied by Nigel Godrich and visual artist Tarik Barri, his set at Victoria Park will see him take the stage solo – performing tracks from his own back-catalogue as well as Radiohead’s in a never-seen-before way.

hmm!!  Perhaps not totally new songs but there will be most likely some new arrangements as well as maybe some songs that haven't been played acoustically before! 

here is fabri's original post and the notes from the festival webpage from the previous page!! 

Edited by duaessences as clay become

I remember seeing the setlist for Cambridge 2010 for the first time and thinking it HAD to be fake because it had 2 new songs as well as fucking DAILY MAIL and I FROZE UP.?!?!

Wild times.

I hope we get some really deep cuts and new songs 🙂

• Like 1

this almost would be for the KID A topic but it feels to fit more here; I had never realized that Space Oddity might have been a real influence for How to Disappear!

In particular in the original recording, there is this extended  coda that is reminiscent of the special crescendo section!! 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I approve of anything Bowie.  If you can't tell by my avatar.  I even named my pug Bowie.  I like him more than Radiohead.  David Bowie is my favorite male artist.  PJ Harvey is my favorite female artist.  Radiohead is my favorite band.  

Edited by booger bear
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 8:33 AM, duaessences as clay become said:

this almost would be for the KID A topic but it feels to fit more here; I had never realized that Space Oddity might have been a real influence for How to Disappear!

In particular in the original recording, there is this extended  coda that is reminiscent of the special crescendo section!! 

I've always thought of this as the inspiration for HTDC (at least the strings).  Wonderful song!

• Like 1

Yes, they're available at the library.  But I think the idea is to give cooped up people a place to watch a concert together, as a social event, and chat, etc..

Which is cool.  With 20 hours to go the chat was already buzzing.   The rest of us (social misfits) can watch shows by our (lonely) selves anytime in a Radiohead library stack.  

Bandcamp is waiving their revenue share for all sales on May 1, June 5, and July 3.  Not sure where this post belongs, so it's going here.

-->I know, the minidiscs and TMB aren't there anymore.  But if there's something else you wanted, on these dates the $ goes to the artists.  There are some cool bands.