hysterical.useless

This Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread - Radiohead Edition

i think something about the timing (I guess both of them were released a few months before In Rainbows and The King of Limbs respectively, and before either had been announced.)

and just that i was much younger, i am glad to be on the way to giving more listening and feeling to Jonny's Norwegian Wood music and also "Jonny Greenwood is the Controller"! 

Maybe their stars are on the rise among lots of music lovers!

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/live/2020/feb/21/nigel-godrich-webchat-ultraista-radiohead-producer

nigel answers some questions, my favorite one talking about the moon shaped pool special edition tape,

I was staring at mountains of half inch tape reels from the Kid A sessions and felt sad because they were all very soon going to be unplayable useless bits of plastic that would just contaminate the environment. And thought it would maybe be better to send them off to some people who would appreciate them, so as part of the packaging with Stanley Donwood, we realised we have enough tape to wrap each special edition with a small length of it. On each tape is part of an outtake, alternative mix, instrumental, something that would have been thrown away when it became unplayable. It just felt poetic to send it out into the universe. Unfortunately I don't think people truly understand what they have...

• Like 2

Yeah I didn't get mine checked either, was thinking of emailing a local studio but they'd probably tell me to fuck off. 

3 hours ago, Fuzzyste said:

Yeah I didn't get mine checked either, was thinking of emailing a local studio but they'd probably tell me to fuck off. 

Any studio would be happy to charge you a hour’s rate for 10 minutes of work.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Scatterbrain said:

Any studio would be happy to charge you a hour’s rate for 10 minutes of work.

And it wouldn't be worth it for two seconds of sound.  However I am interested in what I own.  I hope it's Present Tense.  When I earn more money (never going to happen because the government pays shit) I will pay someone to let me know what I have. Actually, I will ask my wife if it can be one of my Christmas gifts.  I have no idea how much it would be. 

Still, it looks like a Kid Amnesiac re-issue boys and girls omg. Think of the sounds we get to hear later this year.  I will bet you ten USA dollars that Follow Me Around will be on that re-issue.  We love this band! 

Edited by booger bear
  • Like 1

It's funny but Ash and I are the oldest Radiohead message board users.  In terms of fans and how long we've been on Radiohead message boards.  I love you Ash!  I've never met you and don't want to but I imagine you on a golden stallion with a sword.  No one messes with my Ashley.  We've been through so much.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

well that's weird cuz mine fave is the REAL reckon her! (papa pa!) … not that IN RAINBLOW BULL SHIT! 😠

they fucked up nude!

big idears will always be the REAL boot!

Booger bear , you should politely request that Ash make a digital mixtape for you :) :)   He is one of the best of all time at that particular medium!!  it is even possible to say that nobody does it better!!  

Your post brought me to contemplate my earlier floatings through these unique light and sound oceans, and being on some of the same islands as Ash!

• Sad 1

Thom playing an acoustic set in May at All Points East....usually he does these kind of shows when he has new songs to play?

Unlike his current Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes tour, where the Radiohead frontman is accompanied by Nigel Godrich and visual artist Tarik Barr, his set at Victoria Park will see him take the stage solo – performing tracks from his own back-catalogue as well as Radiohead’s in a never-seen-before way.

hmm!!  Perhaps not totally new songs but there will be most likely some new arrangements as well as maybe some songs that haven't been played acoustically before!