Sign in to follow this  
hysterical.useless

This Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread - Radiohead Edition

Was going to 100% scoff

dinner music :classic_laugh:

but after listening to it, it's kinda cool.  

still not hungry for dinner though 

Man of War is so boring. I know the old versions had their admirers, but is there anyone out there who loves the studio version? Anyone?

3 minutes ago, PackofSandwiches said:

I genuinely love it. The orchestral arrangement kicks ass and that riff is just killer. It’s the real Bond theme that never was. 

Honestly quite surprised by this. No one ever seems to mention it as a banger.

2 hours ago, Duff said:

Honestly quite surprised by this. No one ever seems to mention it as a banger.

It's definitely a banger, but the new version is played and sung with different energy. The 95 versions play out with a sexy swagger. They have a snappy snake-like raunchy tastyness, and I really miss that.

Thom's bass part in the live version of Amazing Sounds of Orgy is really funny. I want everyone to agree with me on this. It's just really, really funny.

• Haha 1

I miss the days when Radiohead did extensive interviews breaking down the recording of each tracks. How can they not have told the story of True Love Waits?

7 hours ago, Duff said:

I miss the days when Radiohead did extensive interviews breaking down the recording of each tracks. How can they not have told the story of True Love Waits?

Hmm!!  It is hard to tell what aspects of A Moon Shaped Pool being created could be included, but there may be, highly speculatively, the eventual release of some sort of docu-film, that would probably include live performances (the closest indication of anything existing of this nature is that concerts from 2018 have not been added to the landfill television page)! 

Yes, there is speculation of a live show release from the last tour.  In the NA tour they had professional recorders.  I saw them at the Columbus show.  They might have canceled it but I would wager that if it will be released it will be in May.  If it isn't released in May then I assume whatever project they were doing was canceled.  

• Like 1

is radiohead a good guy? would you trust radiohead to feed your cat while you're out of town?

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 6:38 PM, booger bear said:

Yes, there is speculation of a live show release from the last tour.  In the NA tour they had professional recorders.  I saw them at the Columbus show.  They might have canceled it but I would wager that if it will be released it will be in May.  If it isn't released in May then I assume whatever project they were doing was canceled.  

Said it before but Thoms live voice never comes across well on live recordings throughout an entire concert. Reckon they didn’t have enough recordings they were happy to release.

That is not completely True.  Thom after the vocal injury is not reliable but if they select certain songs he nails then it will be fine.  Bodysnatchers and the Bends Thom is always bad.  

It’s weird as when you’re there it sounds great and when you listen back on a YouTube recording his voice is all over the place. There were also quite a few AMSP tracks he simply couldn’t sing live (burn the witch, decks dark, tinker...would even say he struggled with daydreaming but I don’t think that song worked live at all imho)

So here are the possible contenders for the next release?

(5, if ever) RH live from North America/2018 tour,  (2) a Thom/Nigel release, (3) a Kid A/Amnesiac reissue with or without tidbits, (1) Ed's solo album (overdue already), and (4) LP10 (a year out from now at least).

Anything else?  I feel like I'm forgetting something.  I have a hunch they won't use the North America recordings until much later--but I do hope they do find some good stuff there.  

• Like 1