hysterical.useless

This Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread - Radiohead Edition

On 11/30/2018 at 12:34 AM, hysterical.useless said:

According to VPC, the edit was a collab between himself and another old atease member.

The un-VPC TLW audio from that gig came up on a playlist in the car this weekend --doh!  At least we don't take things too seriously.  

2 hours ago, thatthere said:

The un-VPC TLW audio from that gig came up on a playlist in the car this weekend --doh!  At least we don't take things too seriously.  

Yeah, it uses the IMBW audio for the vocals and acoustic guitar.

A new investigation is beginning regarding the stage collapse in Toronto from 2012. 

https://pitchfork.com/news/radiohead-stage-collapse-new-investigation-to-begin-in-march/

Edit: No, I don't work for pitchfork. The fact that the last two posts here are me linking to their page is just a sign of how dead this place has become lately.

Edited by PackofSandwiches
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've decided that the "one daaay at a tiiiiime" bit in The Numbers is my least ever favourite bit of Radiohead (discounting everything before they became a good band with OKC). It's such a weak, weak, weak melody. Such an energy drop.

it reminds me of another weak Radiohead moment : “the worms will come for you” in Man of War. Just a sort of bland ascending thing that thinks it’s dramatic but isn’t.

Edited by Duff
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ash said:

bends bad bland band?

Called Thom up the other day. "You know what I call The Bends?" I said. "The Blands." Hung up. He was reeling.

On 1/6/2019 at 4:32 PM, Duff said:

I've decided that the "one daaay at a tiiiiime" bit in The Numbers is my least ever favourite bit of Radiohead (discounting everything before they became a good band with OKC). It's such a weak, weak, weak melody. Such an energy drop.

it reminds me of another weak Radiohead moment : “the worms will come for you” in Man of War. Just a sort of bland ascending thing that thinks it’s dramatic but isn’t.

Really?! Worse than “broken hearts make it rain”?

1 hour ago, LLOYD! said:

The 'I will see you in the next life' part of MPS never did much for me.

You have no soul

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nkased said:

You have no soul

I always say that to people who don't like soulful music too. MPS isn't soulful though, it's wallowing, there's a difference.

18 hours ago, LLOYD! said:

The 'I will see you in the next life' part of MPS never did much for me.

It's great in the released version.

In the early versions where he does a fucking SECOND round of it later in the song, it's real fuckin' hackneyed. 

• Like 1

Said it a million times but once you sing "I will see you in the next life" you can't keep singing. You have to stop singing at that point.

• Like 1

I genuinely thought you were referring to the Parent Teacher Association. I was hella confused.

16 hours ago, pleasekeepmoving said:

People on reddit are saying a new Radiohead documentary is being shown at a Greek film festival. Could this be the PTA-directed one that was hinted at?

Ι started that thread on reddit. We are not sure if this is a new Radiohead documentary but there is a suspicion because all the other music documentaries of this festival are new or from the last 2 years. And also because they have not share more info about this by now. Maybe the band is planning a surprising anouncement in a few days. We 'll see.

Edited by thanasiskar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thanasiskar said:

Maybe the band is planning a surprising anouncement in a few days. We 'll see.

The unrealistic wishful thinking of Radiohead fans never cease to amaze me :classic_laugh:

• Like 1