hysterical.useless

This Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread - Radiohead Edition

Posted (edited)

Those come closer to the "five guys playing in a room" approach Thom talked about as an option.

Edited by MarkGrace

On 4/16/2019 at 11:15 PM, MarkGrace said:

I guess that's...something?

I would guess he might be talking about their business as a band, how to handle live material recorded in the past three years or talking about an upcoming Kida, oknotok type release. All of which would require their attention and input. 

Does anyone remember a radio interview with Ed from the AMSP period in which he said he didn't like Life in a Glasshouse? Or at least didn't at the time they were doing it. He said he thought a rock band trying to do jazz was a bit embarrassing.

I know I didn't imagine this but I can't find it anywhere now. IIRC Phil was in the inteview too.

• Sad 1

On 4/16/2019 at 5:42 PM, forward said:

“Nature was big on [The King Of Limbs]. We recorded stuff in nature, but also being in nature was something from about 2007 onwards that we became aware of. I don’t want to go into too much detail because there are some very personal and private moments that had a massive effect on that record, but they’re our personal and private moments and I don’t feel at this stage comfortable with sharing them.”

They were most likely frying their balls off in the forest and/or studio. I had a chance to talk to Stanley for a good 20 minutes at the Atoms for Peace DJ set at MOCA in 2012 and I asked him about the blotter paper in TKOL special edition... he told me it was all Thom's idea and that it was really last minute, too. He got all coy when I out right asked him if they were dropping acid while making the album, but I think it's safe to assume LSD or other psychedelics had something to do with those sessions. Ed's comment confirmed it for me :classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Just listened to Where Bluebirds Fly for the first time in years.

Fucking bollocks it is. There's a parallel universe in which Radiohead just put out music like this forever after Kid A. So glad we're not in it.

Edited by Duff
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2019 at 3:32 AM, Duff said:

Just listened to Where Bluebirds Fly for the first time in years.

Fucking bollocks it is. There's a parallel universe in which Radiohead just put out music like this forever after Kid A. So glad we're not in it.

We were pretty close to it around the eraser years. 

• Haha 1

I am bored now and would like the new Thom Yorke album.

Posted (edited)

The Lotus Flower video is finally available to buy on iTunes Canada. Just in time for the program to be scrapped!

Edited by Homesick Android

Anyone see that there'll be a new Thom Yorke solo track in some new Ed Norton movie?

Damn, a solo Thom on a tight schedule with no band ever, say having to release a song 2 months after conceiving it done with session musicians, would have been fun of hell, but often janky with bad lyrics

8 hours ago, hysterical.useless said:

So this is something Noel Gallagher wrote for Mojo magazine in 2011 lol

star.jpg

I wonder how often he wakes up sweating from nightmares about running into Thom Yorke at a pub.

• Haha 1

Pitchfork, Kid A review: "I had never even seen a shooting star before. 25 years of rotations, passes through comets' paths, and travel, and to my memory I had never witnessed burning debris scratch across the night sky."

Thom Yorke, unidentified acoustic demo: "That wasn’t a shooting star / that was an airplane landing."

17 hours ago, hysterical.useless said:

So this is something Noel Gallagher wrote for Mojo magazine in 2011 lol

star.jpg

lol is this real? How have I never seen this? That's awesome!